Chapter 47: Valt and Lui

Dont judge. Luis in three chapters in a row. Deal w/ it...

but to make up for it, first is a 900 word or so scene on Shalt! and then the rest of the story.

Valt:

There are good ways to start your day, and bad ways. A good way to wake up would be to, say, a victory dream and beybread. A bad way... how I woke up.

Two adorable somethings crushing me. "Valt! We are not your alarm clock!"

Just to annoy them, I shot out of bed and yelled, "I WIN!" Toko and Nika toppled off me, laughing.

"Still dreaming about beys?" They asked at the same time. I nodded cheerfully, putting on my headband. Without it, my hair isn't spiky at all, which is really sad. I pride myself on being not-ordinary, so flat hair is a major no.

Once that was done, I tried to find my clothes. My room is the messiest in Japan. I probably would win an award for it. While I was trying to find my shus—Uh, I meant shoes, Toko noted, "Oh, by the way, your last day of school starts in ten minutes."

"WHAAATTT?" I was not expecting that. "I HAFTA GO! WHERE ARE MY SHUS?"

"Your shoes," Nika corrected, handing them over.

"Exactly!" I protested, running for the door. "Gotta go!" I ran for the stairs, but tripped and faceplanted a story down. Seriously, I either have insane healing skills or I've fell down the stairs too many times to count, because I did not instantly die."Owww...."

I heard Mom talking to someone. Standing up unsteadily, I made my way to the kitchen and found a large basket of beybread waiting for me. "Aw yeah!"

Happily carrying the really heavy basket, I tried to find the source of the voices. "Mom? Where are you?"

"Right here, sweetie! You're boyfriend's here!" She popped her head out from the bakery section of the house.

Shu! I wouldn't admit it to anyone but Valkyrie, but I was worried about him. He SEEMED alright, but whenever he thought I wasn't looking, his face changed from the peaceful look to deadly anger. I followed him around after the match yesterday, and he was still training at one in the morning when I went to bed. I figured I should probably make sure he was actually happy and safe.

"Yay! Shu!!!" I bounced through the bakery and put down the basket. "You're here!"

He looked tired, but otherwise alright. "Of course," he said, smiling. "It's the last day of school. Today's special."

"Yeah!" I agreed. "And beybread!"

"And beybread." He nodded sagely. "Beybread is very important." Shu gave me a kiss on the forehead, then leaned down and picked up the basket. "Ready to go? We've got five minutes."

"Five minutes?" I wailed. "I can't get there in five minutes!"

He smiled. "That's why I came over. I knew you'd wake up late."

This was getting confusing. Weren't we both going to be late now? "You lost me."

"You'll see." Shu grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the house. "Bye Mrs. Aoi!"

Thirty seconds later, I was sitting behind Shu on his red bike. My hands were wrapped around his waist as he tightened his grip on the handlebar. One foot was braced against the ground. "Ready?" Shu checked.

I don't get nervous easily, but being so close to Shu had my nerves humming. It didn't help I'd never biked before. But I was Valt Aoi, the one who would take down Lui and avenge my boyfriend. I refuse to be cowed by a bucket of bolts. "Yeah!"