Chapter 21: Daigo

None of this is from my own experience, only what I have read in fanfics, and online. There are several mentions of blood and self harm, so if you are unconfortable with it, then skip this chapter. The next one picks up along the same line. Basically, they go to the park.

As soon as Ryota was gone, he cracked his eyelids open, glancing around. No one. He silently got to his feet and glanced around. Not the kitchen, Ryota was likely there. By chance he saw Robin's backpack, where she kept her silver knife.

Silver!?

Works on werewolfs, should work fine on you, Doomscyther.

Daigo moved over to Robin, stepping over Valt and Honcho and moving around Wakiya, who was hugging Honcho in his sleep. If the dark haired boy had his phone, he would have snapped a photo and added it to his Instagram "Rantarikaya" album. He had over five hundred likes so far. Some users were asking for an, to put it delicately, a more ... Revealing photo

Daigo reached for the backpack, nestled right next to Robin's head. He reached for the second compartment, but Robin muttered something in her sleep and turned to the side. Daigo tensed, ready to yank the blankets over her head and run, but she just grumbled something. He reached slowly for the second compartment and opened it. Three sections inside.

One, with a bunch of pencils-- she was well known for accidentally breaking or losing them.

Two-- Pens. Gel pans of several different colors. There was a drawing in that one, and Daigo pulled it out, to look at later.

Third-- Robin's silver pocketknife. Good. He pulled it out, and heard Robin turn toward him.

Robin mumbled something with increasing panic. He muttered something too, and got out of there. He had about thirty seconds to shut and lock the bathroom door before his friend woke up due to nightmares.

He made it in twenty.

After that, he checked the anatomy book. Without permanently damaging himself, he had stop the moment the blood appeared. Then he opened another book, one he found in the library.

Flipping to the dog-eared page, he reread what he had already memorized:

If possession occurs in a beyblade descendant, he or she should draw blood with a silver items. As soon as the item draws blood, the spell will begin to take effect. Wait a few seconds. If the Beyblade has not stopped yet, try again. If after three tries it has not worked, the silver is not pure enough.

He shut the book and took off his purple shirt. Daigo stuffed the sleeve into his mouth, to keep the noise to a minimum. He flipped his left arm over to the paler side. A moment's hesitation. Daigo had always hated sharp objects, ever since Ryota's surgery started.

Come on, stupid. Move it.

He gritted his teeth, and pushed the pocketknife against his skin, letting out a hiss as the knife bit into him.

Someone pounded on the door.

He jerked upward, accidentally cutting another streak down his arm. "I-I'll be out in a second!"

Daigo looked back at the cuts. The red streaks dripped slowly onto the ground, stinging. But it didn't hurt so much, not anymore. Not when he remembered how he'd cheated when Doomscyther made him cheat.

Doomscyther screamed as he was trapped back. He could vaguely see a prison-like thing in the back of his mind. Daigo looked at his arm again. Two cuts didn't seem like enough, suddenly. Two more, for four days. A reminder.

He hissed at the fourth bite, then wrapped his arm in a towel and shoved his shirt back on. Daigo tossed the knife into the sink, flushed the unused toilet. The door was pounded on harder.

Then it stopped.

As he washed the silver and his hands, Daigo heard clicking.

Oh, no. What's going on?

They're picking the lock!

Huh? Doomscyther? I thought I locked you up!

The bad side of me, he replied lazily, stretching. "Dark side", if you will.Thank you for that. Oh, and I'm Doomscizor, now.

The door burst open that instant. Robin and Ryota stopped in the doorway, staring at Daigo. He was still holding the knife.

Ryota was clinging onto a paperclip and crying quietly.

Robin just glared. She spoke first. "Would you prefer to keep this quiet?"

"Yeah."

"Then you'd better have a damn good explanation!" She stared whispering angrily. "The hell you doing?"

He hid his arm from view, but she grabbed it and held it so the wrist was up. "Your wrist? That might make launching kinda hard, don'tcha think? Oh wait, you didn't!"

Daigo interrupted her with a tirade of his own. "Will you shut up? I couldn't tell you jack because I was being possessed by an evil freaking beyblade! Got it? The silver had to get into my blood, or I was screwed! The dojo gave me a temporary fix so I had time to do this, so leave me the hell  alone about this!"

"Sure it had to get into your blood, but that?" Robin gestured at the blood seeping down his arm. "Admit it, you wanted the pain." When he was silent, she snarled and started wiping the blood off. "Fine, don't talk. Get this fixed so no one notices, got it? Then you're going to tell me everything later, even if I have to rip it out of that mouth."

Ryota stepped between them to stop the arguing. "Could you two take this somewhere else? Because the others are starting to wake up.

Robin rolled her eyes. "Fine. Daigo, we're going to the park. No isn't an option. You have five minutes."

"What, at eleven thirty?" Daigo glanced at the digital clock, clenching his teeth when the simple movement made his arm scream. "No one'll be there."

"Exactly." Robin turned toward the door. "We need to talk."

Ryota grinned. "Oooh," he teased. "Those are the last words any boyfriend wants to hear."

"Ryota," Daigo warned. "You've got five seconds to run." Ryota yelped and scampered out, almost stomping on Valt. He one-handedly shoved stuff in his backpack to take to the park. Things like... a will, a change of clothes, his death sentance. Normal stuff.

"And one more thing..." With his right hand, he pulled out his phone and switched to the camera app. Then he tiptoed over to Wakiya and Honcho, and snapped a picture, just as they kissed in their sleep.

Done! Hehehehe, you've got us bey fans spying..... Nowhere is safe!

Robin out!