Chapter 46: Shu

You knew this was coming.

You just didnt want to admit it to yourself.

Get ready for it...

because for once I think I did a good job.

Shu:

This was going to happen at some point. But how exactly does one fight their ex boyfriend who happens to be the powerful Blader in Japan?

Yep, that was Shigure Kurenai's life now.

Shu sighed, watching Valt battle without really seeing him. He had to beat Lui, there wasn't any other choice. Robin had set up the game for him: she had said as much before today's matches. His sister had weakened their target a lot. Even now, the white haired girl was between Xander and Lui, jabbing at the cracks in his tough facade and getting him riled up for info. It was left to him to destroy Lui, effective immediately.

So... I've got Upper Launch and Counter Break, but he'll see that coming. I can now usage both hands for launching just about perfectly, so we can use that. The stronger version for the first match, then we'll see where that leads us. Spryzan?

The bey in his head stuck out his tongue. I don't care, but I want to crush him so badly it'll kill him.

Well someone's bloodthirsty today, Shu noted, privately feeling exactly the same. The chimera had the exact frame of mind he did, and both of them wanted to destroy Lui emotionally as much as crack his Beyblade.

Win this with brains as well as power. You be the brains, I'll be the muscle since you clearly don't have any.

Shu almost smiled at the jab, but another thought shot through his head. But you're damaged. Your energy layer-

Oh, we're all damaged in some way, and I'm not gonna snap. He said it so casually the albino almost believed him. And stop worrying, Kurenai! You'll get wrinkles to match your scar.

He was silent, anger he hid suddenly boiling to the surface.

The chimera winced and bowed in apology. Sorry. That was going too far.

Yes, it was, Shu agreed. I think I should—

His phone buzzed, and Shu's interest piqued when he saw the video clip Robin had sent.

He clicked play. The phone was probably in her pocket, so there was no vision, but Shu get the gist.

"Why aren't you scared of me?" Lui asked. "I just kicked your butt in the Trial. You've gotten good at losing."

"Well, someone altered that idea, yeah?" Robin teased. "You forget, I stopped fighting. And exactly who was begging at the end of the match? I forgot."

A low growl. "Get to the point, AZURA."

"Yeah. Obviously, I'm not scared of you, and I'm not going to tell you why. Shu's going to destroy you with extreme prejudice. Even if I didn't win, Shu will. And if he doesn't, Valt wants his turn. Besides, it takes over a week to restore that kind of energy you used yesterday. Plenty of time for another person to beat you."

A couple thumps. Lui had actually stomped his foot in anger. "You can't beat me. And neither can your weak friends or that idiot Aoi. Foolish Azura." His voice took on mocking sympathy. "Your name is of one who fate deemed DEAD. Then you took on the name of a person who's stronger than you by margins. And you ruin his legacy. So forgive me if I think you're nothing but a footnote, but why don't you look at the facts. You're useless, a perfect match for Kurogami."