Chapter 13: Daigo

Daigo slowly opened his journal on Sunday night, started writing a black pen.

Doomscyther doesn't like me much. Nothing weird there, he's never liked me.

But it's worse now.

I get the feeling. I should do something. But what?

I don't understand.

I don't understand.

A dizzying feeling came over him, and Daigo turned the page. He began to write again, hand moving of it's own accord. It wouldn't stop it, even when Daigo willed it to hold still, even used his other hand to hold it still. Nothing worked.

I don't like you much.

I hate your weakness

I hate how you think.

You're pathetic and weak.

You've been through the same thing. Why can't you understand?

UnderStand, Daigo...

UNDERSTAND.

The dizziness left him, and he unsteadily stood up. "Doomscyther," he muttered. "Seriously? This isn't funny anymore."

A form began to take shape against the book. "It stopped being funny a long time ago, Daigo Kurogami."

He glanced behind him, checking for a certain violet eyed little brother, then lowered his voice. The last thing he wanted to do was have his brother know he had no control over his bey. "Doomscyther, how are you able to maintain physical form?"

The dark shape grinned. "No need to worry about that. What you do need to worry about is that if you don't play nice, this is what I will do for revenge."

He told him, and Daigo turned pale. "So, what do you want me to do?"

It was Monday, and Daigo had spent the whole night training. Weary from what Doomscyther had made him do, he grabbed his backpack and slowly started walking to school.

Not so fast! Your training for today isn't done yet.

I have to get to school. The training can wait.

I could force you to.

Daigo could feel his composure starting to break. He held up his left hand and waited until the world's colors receded, leaving just the black and white that showed souls. His hand was still dark, dark grey. Huh. Guess it improved a little. Maybe doing what his bey told him to do would make him a better person in general.

His body started moving backwards on its own, and he growled and stiffened. "I'll finish the training! Stop!"

Doomscyther didn't stop. He forced Daigo to run fifty laps at a sprint around the park, do about a hundred more pushups, and the like.

Meanwhile, the pale boy was cursing his weakness with every step, every painful move. He cursed his insensitivity, his fears, and himself for allowing this thing to happen.

Weak.

At eight thirty, Doomscyther made Daigo sprint to the school. He had enough decency to release him in a nearby alley instead of for everyone to see him exhausted.

Daigo's legs gave out, and he fell to the ground. He could barely breathe, much less get up.

"Daigo?"

His head spun.

"Daigo?"

Black was swallowing his vision.