Chapter 48: Valt and Robin

Yes, finally Lui doesn't get a turn, yadda yadda yadda, but whatever. This is the last match of the season, so I hope I did a good job on it! Please comment and vote if you think it's good! ty!

OKAY ON WITH THE STORYYYYYYY

Robin:

She tapped her foot impatiently against the cool marble floor. Nika waited beside her with Shu. The albino wore a look of extreme impatience on his face as he paced with nervous energy. Nervous energy? Jeez. Phoenix was laughing her tail off at the expression on his face while Robin was trying to figure out how to get Shu to the stadium on time.

"I'll take care of this," she finally told her brother. "But clearly Valt needs you, so get outta here."

'Here,' as Robin had told Shu, was an airport. Specifically, a very nice airport. One with fancy marble floors and painted glass and well dressed people walking around with their noses turned up.

"If you go now, you might be able to catch Valt," Nika said. "Or not. He's fast."

Shu needed no more convincing. He sprinted outside in about two seconds. Robin heard yelps of surprise coming from people, and the insistent ringing of a bike bell.

"Also, why are half the Aois here?" She added curiously. Mrs. Aoi and Nika were standing together patiently at the stairs. Took was nowhere to be found.

"We're waiting for Dad!" Nika cheered. "He's coming today! Probably on the same flight as your parents."

Robin winced. "I'm sorry for your loss."

Mrs. Aoi frowned slightly, tilting her head in a bird like fashion. "What do you mean? They're nice, right? Your parents?"

She shrugged and tilted her hand from side to side. "You'll see."

Right on cue, the first people emerged from the top of the stairs. Mrs. Aoi pumped her fists excitedly. Now Robin saw where Valt's incredible energy came from.

Nika suddenly gasped and pointed. "There he is! Finally!"

Robin gave her the derp look. "It's been five seconds."

She stopped speaking when her companions ran over to the man at Valt Speed. He had dark blue hair with the same Valt headband, a black suit and tie, and an airlines pin, which meant he was a pilot. His chocolate eyes fairly glowed with happiness when he saw his family. A good person, Robin deduced, checking his warm aura so much like her friend's.

The next people to the stairs made her good mood flee, and she swore silently. Her parents.

To prevent anything bad from going down concerning Shu, she raced to the top and smiled charmingly like her mother had taught her. She had also taught her to conn men and wear hundreds of different faces, along with manipulate people into buying stuff for her. The white-haired girl knew that she didn't really love her father. It was a mutually beneficial pairing, made to create the best business in the world with... benefits.

Some happened to be two children running their house for them.

"Hello mother, father. Welcome back from your trip. May I get your suitcases?" The professional mask the businesslike parents preferred slipped on seamlessly.

Her father, a man with close cropped blue hair inclined his head slightly. "Please do. See to it." His crisp grey suit matched the indifferent expression in his brown eyes.

Sweet jasmine perfume reached Robin, and she tried not to gag. She hated jasmine perfume, or perfume at all. Yet Mother used jasmine shampoo, wore jasmine flowers in her long purple hair, even wore diamond jasmine bracelets.