Chapter 22: Robin

Thursday Night

Again, I'm basing this off fanfics and other books i've read. I've never been in a relationship. ON WITH DA STOOORRRRYYYYY!!!

They sat on a bench not far from the beystadium. Robin and Daigo were the only ones there. They sat facing each other, and both could feel the silence thicken in the air.

Robin spoke first, trying to not explode. It wasn't easy. "You're lucky Ryota didn't wake up Ken instead," she said hesitantly, feeling their mixed emotions flow through the air. "He wouldn't have taken it so well."

"Guess I should be more impressed."

She took a breath. "Okay. I get the silver. But seriously, your arm? Again, you're a blader. Launching'll be a bit hard, don't you think?"

"Didn't think. You and Ryota surprised me."

"Sure..." Robin drew out the 'u.' "I don't believe you, but I suppose it doesn't matter." She reached for his left arm and pulled up the sleeve, drew back the paper towel. "How many of those are accidents?"

He clearly figured lying wouldn't be too useful. "One."

Robin sighed. "I-I'm not good at this. Why is talking so hard? And why is your face turning pink?"

Daigo blinked, not realizing how obvious his emotions were. "Because you're holding my hand." Indeed, when Robin looked down, she realized that, unconsciously, her hand had slipped down to meet Daigo's.

"Don't be so wimpy... Jeez, now I'm embarrassed, you jerk!" She pulled her hand back, not seeing her friend's hurt face.

"Never mind." He started cleaning the cuts with disinfectant, aware that they would leave scars anyways. The book had told him on a previous page, that silver would leave scars on Descendants, along with Beyblades. "Tell me something."

"What?" Robin was confused.

"A-a secret," he clarified, now realizing how stupid it sounded out loud. "You're keeping one for me, I guess. So it makes things even."

Robin tilted her head, ears turning red. "Ah... okay?" She thought for a moment.

What in Japan should I tell him? Shu's nickname? The fact that I cheated on my last Japanese test?

Tell him your birth name.

Robin inhaled sharply. If one Descendant knew another's birth name, it granted them extreme power over the other should they choose to make them do that. That's a major risk.

So's telling him about cheating.

Haha, she grumbled. So funny. I almost laughed.

Ramos ignored that. Do you trust him?

She watched Daigo, unfolding a piece of paper from his jacket. Robin thought about the Daigo. And though he had lied about the knife and Doomscyther, Robin already knew her answer.

Yes.

Daigo gasped, cheeks coloring.

"What?" Robin leaned forward to look at whatever he was staring at so intently. A paper. Her paper."Hey... that's mine!"

It was a picture that Robin had doodled in Japanese, while the teacher droned. It was an Espeon and a Umbreon with a heart in between, all poorly drawn. The Espeon had a name tag with "Robin" on it.

The Umbreon had Daigo's.

Robin glared at him, but instead of hitting him, she dug around in her backpack and took out the paper she had kept ever since Daigo dropped it at the first tournament. It had a very well-drawn portrait of herself, down to the last detail. Not that she looked in the mirror much. She knew she was ugly, but the picture almost made her believe otherwise. "Remember this?"