Chapter 10: Robin and Daigo

ManWhen he and Robin walked to the after school practice area, Shu stopped them. "Robin," he said coldly. "Neither of us should see the other practicing."

"I'll go to another spot," Robin shrugged, turning to leave. Daigo didn't miss the rude gesture she pointed in her brother's direction after he turned around.

"Calm down," Daigo muttered to her. "Let's go."

Two more days until Ryota came home. That's what he thought, as he walked with Robin to the Beypark. "Special training?" he asked, as they neared the stadium. "I thought you said you could easily beat Shu."

"When did I say that?" Robin asked, walking past the stadium. "But I'm gonna win, and I'm not taking any chances." She fished in her pocket for yen. Daigo looked confused as she handed him ten yen and led him over to a flat concrete area. "Throw these onto the pavement." She positioned herself with her launcher. Daigo threw the yen, and she launched her bey. Phoenix smashed into seven of the ten yen before they hit the ground. The seven were flung clear to the forest.

She growled quietly. "Not good enough yet."

Daigo stared at the yen. How did she do that?

Robin's practicing predicting the launch trajectory. Did you know where they were going to land?

No.

She either did or's practicing instinct or something. She's trying to hit all ten so she can beat Shu really fast.

They threw the coins until she could hit all ten. Then Robin went to the beystadium. She looked at him. "You never saw this launch, got it?"

New launch, likely hasn't got it down yet. "Right."

She started with both hands on the ground, head tilted down, eyes closed. Robin counted down.

"Three!" Her eyes snapped open.

"Two!" 

"One!" Robin sprang into the air, arms perpendicular to her body, and spun once. She started coming down before-"Let it... Rip!" As she was gaining speed, she launched her beyblade so it circled around the side. Robin landed on one knee with a grunt, suddenly coughing hard.

"Really? Stupid, stupid, stupid."  She slapped her chest a few times before the coughing stopped.

Daigo didn't even blink. There was no way she could surprise him anymore. " Extra kinetic energy. Kinetic energy is mass and speed. More of each, more enefgy.. But your hands were a bit shaky, and your aim was off." He really hoped she didn't kill him for that comment.

Robin nodded, apparently agreeing. So he wasn't about to dir.. "And last time I tried this, I nearly broke my ankle."

"What do you call it?"

The terrifying girl grinned. "Sky Launch sound good?."

He thought for a moment. "Yeah." He positioned his launcher. "Do it again." Robin blinked. "Well? It's training, you know."

"Three!" Her eyes opened.

"Two!" She crouched lower. So did Daigo, guided by Doomscyther.

"One!" Daigo tensed. Robin jumped up, arms spread and spun once.

"Let it... Rip!" Daigo lunged forward and swung his launcher like a scythe as he launched. Robin, as she fell back to the earth, launched with all her power. She landed on one foot, but fell over, nearly hitting the stadium. Robin growled, but curled up, shaking. That ankle must have gotten hurt.

"Doomscyther!" yelled Daigo, dark purple aura swirling. "Full power!"

Doomscyther shot towards the middle. She's off balance. I'm going to beat that stupid bey once and for all!