Chapter 38: Robin

Robin:

"Azura, wake up."

She sleepily opened her eyes and found Shu poking her side. "What time'sit?" she complained groggily.

"Five in the morning. You slept through your alarm."

Robin shot out of bed. "What?" She ran around, frantically collecting her backpack, clothes, her beyblade and a towel. Throwing her necklace on, she yanked open the door to the apartment. "Gotta go!"

Shu stopped her. "No."

"Whaddaya mean 'no'?" Robin complained, swatting his hand away. "I've gotta train and--"

"You slept for three and a half hours," Shu pointed out. "From eleven to two, you were keeping up with your martial arts training. From an hour after you came home, you left with your homework finished and didn't come back until dinner. School starts in three hours. Go back to bed."

She gaped at him, amazed. "Howd'ja do that?"

"Cameras. And brains. And genius. It's been a week, and you've had the same pattern every day since you lost to Gabe. Also, you're slurring your words, which means you're dead tired and wished you'd done an all-nighter."

She threw her hand in the air. "I give up. Can I have breakfast, at least?"

When Shu turned around to make pancakes, she raced out the door. Problem solved.

"Okay," Robin told herself, running through her list of moves. She was alone in the beypark, and the sun hadn't yet risen. No one would be coming for a good while, so she could talk to herself as much as she wanted. "Today is the first day of the tournament. The rounds are totally random. Revive Function is allowed, Descendant or not. If your opponent is also a Descendant, you can use powers on them too, so it can be two fights going on at the same time." She grinned savagely, stretching. "Right, then. First..."

She took Ramos out of her pocket. "Ready?"

I don't get tired, but aren't you? The beyblade asked her, a hint of concern in his voice.

Well, yeah, but who cares? I'm not lucky enough to get Lui on the first round; more likely it'll be Broccoli or someone else.

Still. Shu's right. You're exhausted.

She frowned, letting her nerves respond to that. Robin was tired, but she could always skip school now that exams were over. I don't particularly care. Anyways, let's practice Revive Function, then go over our other launches. After that, could you go to human form?

I guess there's no discouraging you.

---

"WOOAAAAHHH!!!! WAKIYA GOT US A LIMO AGAIN?" Valt bellowed. They were all on the roof. Rantarikiya was now a thing, apparently, because both of them were holding hands openly. At least Shu and Valt were doing the same. Daigo was too shy to, and to be honest, so was Robin.

AHHH!!!!! Ramos started fangirling in her head.

"Well, yeah," Honcho said, swinging their intertwined hands. "My bae's awesome that way."

Wakiya's face turned adorably red. "W-what? Baka!"

She rolled her eyes. "God, you two are perfect together. You argue so much you may as well be married."

Everyone reacted to that. "Waah!!! WHY YOU BULLY US, ROBIN?"

She winked cheerfully and gestured towards the limo. "Because I'm awesome that way."