Chapter 42: Valt

Valt:

Zac and Gabe were up next.

I breathed a sigh of relief, quietly. I was pretty glad it wasn't Robin. She needed all the rest she could get. Currently, the female Kurenai was curled up, sleeping with her head on Daigo's lap. He was stroking her hair.

Now I'm jealous! Valkyrie yelled. I want a hot boyfriend too! Shu's pretty cute...

I was instantly annoyed. Don't even try it, tiny!

Who'ya calling tiny?

You!

She burst out laughing. There we go! Finally, you're interesting!

I decided to ignore that and focus on the match.

Currently, the two were exchanging words, but I was too far away to hear them. The girl that was against Zac before, the one with the cherry hair--

That's a boy! And his hair is pink! Not cherry!

Yeah, him. He was cheering for Zac as loud as most of the Sunshine Fans. For some reason, he scowled at Akira-- at least I think that's what his name was-- and he shut up.

I didn't really know either of them well, so I didn't pay much attention to the match.

To my surprise, well, everyone's, it was three-two in the Sunshine's favor. Gabe got a burst finish the first round, and Zac came back with a ton more power, getting a ring out finish and a burst.

Why were you surprised? Valkyrie chided. It was inevitable that she was going to--

ZAC IS A BOY, OKAY?!

She feigned confusion. Are you sure? Did you check?

Zac sad he was a boy, and I trust him. AND NO I DIDN'T CHECK, YOU DIRTY MINDED BEYBLADE!

"Ten minute break!" Hanami yelled. "Then the final match will start!"

Daigo shook Robin awake gently. She mumbled sleepily, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "I'm awake, I'm awake... wutsgoingon?"

Shu tilted his head in her direction. "Ah, good. She's up. How do you plan on destroying Lui?"

She yawned. "With a glove."

Valkyrie started laughing.

Shu glared at her. "Take this seriously. If you don't, you may as well forfeit now."

Robin was suddenly awake and alive. "I am taking this seriously! You may not understand, but I've been practicing dawn to dusk for this! Don't tell me I'm not taking this seriously! I a match for him, not you, and I would never tell the likes of you my plan!" Anger blazed in her eyes, and Daigo hissed suddenly.

I felt it at the same time as him, the hatred and guilt of a wound still not healed twisting it's way into my heart. I yelped. "Stop it!" all of us yelled at the same time.

Robin flinched and took a few slow breaths, and the weird emotions that weren't mine were gone. "Sorry."

"If you can't even control your power, how are you supposed to fight the most powerful blader in Japan!" My boyfriend roared in frustration. He threw his remaining glove on the ground, and stomped out.

That was a lot more emotional than he usually was, which worried me. I was also a bit worried about that sudden crack I heard earlier during Shu and Wakiya's match.

I jumped out of my seat and ran after him.

"Shu! Wait up!" I called.

He just increased his pace, and god, why is he so FAST? We were basically sprinting through empty hallways and I was having difficulty not crashing into walls. Shu turned a corner. I charged forwards--