Chapter 18

Willow's POV

        "Wh-what're you talking nonsense for?" The tan girl grinned wide in a way that painfully reminded him of Leo's and he frowned. His sweaty hands weren't the only part of his body that was sweating. His thighs, pressed against the floor, were sweating but the AC in this cabin was making him sneeze. "Aaa-choo-" he sneezed and Piper blessed him with words and with a sweater she had tied around her waist. "You're cold, here." He smiled and nodded in thanks.

      "Thank you. You know you're really kind, right? Also super pretty, like stunningly badass. Sorry that just came out. But really you've been more than hospitable to me since I arrived. I don't deserve that from you," he ranted, now sweatered arms flowing about the air conditioned room. Piper threw a hilariously random paper ball at the frantic boy and shook her head, small mahogany braids and loose choppy hair whipping around her flawless Cherokee skin. "Stop that! I appreciate what you said, a lot!! Now talk to me about what you need. I can get my half siblings to give you a makeover, since I'm not the most talented. I can still cut your hair, and we can go shopping with (or without but don't tell him I said that) Chiron's permission. If we leave camp grounds for just a day it should be fine, plus you've got me to save you. If you feel better, we can bring Jason, or Nico. Leo?"

      A quick shake of his head and an apologetic glance at his crawling hands, cracking his knuckles hinted Piper.

      "Okay, then. Just us. Still cool," a bright smile raised her face and it was like she radiated sunlight from her warm skin tone. It was a sight that made his insides swerve like a car had just been wheeled to the right abruptly. "So do you have anything to let me know what your style is, or what you'd like it to be? I think first we should get the haircut so outfits will work with your hair." She ran her fingers through and tossed her chestnut hair over, redefining her part.
       "Uh, not really. I think art hoe, vaporwave/retro, vintage, thrift store type style is cool. I like Korean fashion a lot, and grunge or just aesthetic stuff. But if you were to think of me, I'm the child of Echo, I like trees and fire and water and ice and just elements in general, and any colors + black and grey are nice except for orange, I prefer cold, rain, and thunderstorms. Does that help?"

          He scratched the tip of his ear, and behind it, in discomfort. Had he talked about himself too much? It sure seemed like it. "Also Piper, sorry for talking so much about me and being selfish I hope we can talk more about y-"

       "Ph Oh my god NO please, I talk about myself all the time with poor Leo and Jason, and other girls. You look like you're starved for a listening ear. Also, this whole thing is about you, talk as much as you want."  His sweater sleeve, being pulled at by his longish fingers nervously itching to hit something, was stretched and faded. "Your sweater is nice."

       "Thanks. My- my dad gave it to me." A distanced grey clouded Piper's ever changing eyes and he didn't hesitate to change the subject for her. He didn't like forcing people to talk if they didn't provide the words. She would talk if she needed. "Uh so should we go check out the Aphrodite cabin and ask about a haircut? Cause, full offense, your haircut might work on you but your damn left nut is prettier than me," he sighed in fake jealousy, hoping he resembled a dumb emoji.

"WH-left nuT-"

The cabin door swung open and they strolled out of the chilly sky demigod's abode to probably be scared to death by the gorgeous Aphrodite kids. Willow would at least, he was intimidated so easily.