Chapter 15

Willow's POV

His dark demeanor had vanished and revealed a vulnerable human, someone I could see. That sounded cliche, but his sturdy snappiness was weakened. Now he was easy to talk to. I didn't move. Leaves dampened under their weight and I thought maybe I should open up about something about myself that was actually serious. I often complain about things that aren't important, but I'm a realist and fairly optimistic with other people. I never venture too deep into dark thoughts. I just get anxious a hell of a lot about a hell ton of shit and ignored things that make me too sad. I just keep myself numb, smart, and thoughtful. Analyzing myself when I was trying to talk. "Erm.. Nico I know this is weird since we're  kind of siblings but I don't want to think if you like that. You choose. But I just wanted to ask you something since I just released a huge serious bomb on you. I'm not- what does it mean if I feel like a boy but nobody else thinks I am? It's kind of dumb coming out of the blue. I try not to think about it, ever. I don't know dude. Whenever people refer to me as she I'm offended but then  confused, like why am I offended if I'm a girl? Obviously I don't think about myself in the third person so my thoughts aren't an issue unless I'm thinking about why I'm not a girl. Or am I? I'm sorry for talking about something so trivial when I just told you about your mom and all tha-" 

They looked at Nico staring right at Willow. Pronouns are hard. Nico's eyes glimmered. Her words must've changed more than she predicted they would. "We're both so awkward. You should be quiet sometimes." He scolded Willow and as he saw ?her? looking back at him with the same hard look. Willow just wanted to take a nap. They couldn't deny Nico's comments hurt a little but it wasn't like he needed to know that. They guessed that since the both of them acted similarly Nico would kind of see how it affected them. Nico's void like eyes shattered a bit on one spot where the light reflected in little dots and he rose his shoulders as if he was going to say something. "Hey I- I'm really sorry about that. It was rude. I'm rude. Just so you know. And you talking a lot isn't bad. It kind of helped distract me from that bomb you so kindly dropped on me," he paused so his rambling and small frantic arm movements telling his story ceased, and a small smirk lifted his cheeks. "Thanks for that by the way." 

His dry remarks easily reminded her that things were still normal.