Chapter Five

Nico's POV

Oh my gods. Who was he talking about? "Willow! Dude, I can totally tell." My face contorted with confusion. "Who's Willow?" He gasps in fake surprise and I cough awkwardly. "Um... Valdez, who's Willow?" "You don't know her name?" He asks in mock surprise. "Valdez, tell me already!" I growl angrily. He grabs my arm and I tense up. I glare at him, but I play along and let him pull me to who-knows-where, my pale skin irritated by the feel of Leo's calloused fingertips. Ugh.

I finally arrived at a familiar place I had been visiting a lot. The infirmary.

The white walls gleamed and I suddenly understood who Willow was. The pretty girl who had been locked inside Kronos's last standing prison since the Titan War. I could distinctly remember her long brown hair falling in waves down past her shoulders, covering her slightly pointed, tan ears. I could feel her beautiful chocolate brown eyes glimmer with quirkiness and confusion, her gaze intent on showing the love in her caring, gentle features. She was strong, must've been through a lot. Of course I've been through more than the average human, even demigod, but everyone goes through struggles and has their own pain to deal with. It's kind of stuck up to assume you've got it worse when you don't know what's in someone else's head.

I took a deep breath, and without warning, I lurched forward, grabbed the handle, and looked inside, for.. Willow. What I saw instead made me gasp and I could feel my palms sweat and my stomach clench. What. Happened? Blood was spread all over the bed sheets that Willow was previously passed out on. The stand containing her ambrosia and nectar was knocked over, and a small silver ring laid on the white marble floor. I reached down slowly and picked it up. Willow must have dropped it.

"Holy Hephaestus, dude, what happened?" I had forgotten that Leo was there, so of course he took the opportunity to annoy me. "I don't know, Valdez, that's what I'm trying to figure out!" I snapped, my voice reaching an all-time low. He ignored me. "Dude! Look at the writing on her ring! So cool! 'Daughter of Briar and Vine, Echos and Streams, make better choices than mine, never fade away & loosen the seams.' Dang this is some serious stuff bro!" I studied him coldly and snatched the ring from him. "That's not yours, Leo." His humorous shit colored (lmao sorry I love Leo in actuality but it's fun making Nico low key hate him) eyes widened in surprise. "Oh my gods! You said 'Leo' not 'Valdez'!!!! LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT!" He screamed, and I giggled. Giggled. He stared at me unblinkingly. "You, Nico di Angelo, Ghost King," I warmed slightly, a rosy tint flushing my cheeks. He heard about that? "'I am Death', Ruler of the Dead, just giggled. I know it's early, but my life is complete."

I smirked, and then he saw me, so I stifled my smugness and scowled at him. "I can be happy, you know. It's just not common." I pouted, and he smirked. "Sure." "Anyways, Leo, we need to find Willow. She might just be with Piper." He nodded and we set off to find them.

Edit: this last part made it seem like a valdangelo fanfic ew. Also I'm back to the his after like two years and seeing how cringey I was. Every thing is 'aw sad eyes' or way too romantic like chill out.