Chapter Four

Nico's POV

"Hey Neeks." I heard a soft voice say. I turned around to see my sister Hazel. I smiled slightly and she hugged me tight. "I missed you so much! Stop disappearing on me!" She shakily whispered, the last part in an adorable demanding voice. "Sure Hazel. I'll stay with you." As soon as I muttered those words, I regretted them. STAY DI ANGELO, STAY HERE? "REALLY?!?!?" She squeaked, and I reluctantly nodded. She smiled incredibly wide, Joker wide, almost, and hugged me so hard it felt like Frank was the on doing the hugging.

"Lungs-gasp-not-gasp-WORKING!" I choked out, and she let me go quickly. "Alright then Neeks, go ahead and go to your cabin or something, but make sure to visit me and the other campers!" I nodded dramatically and bowed. "As you wish, malady." I smirked. She smiled wide and walked away, skipping a little as she did.

As I was consumed in these thoughts, I ran into the one person I did not want to see. "Di Angelo!" I heard an amused voice chuckle. "Valdez." I growled, and kept walking. "What, did you not want to see me?" I turned around and glared daggers at him. His eyes held slight sadness, but suddenly he stiffened up as if he had just remembered something.
"Hey, I know you like that girl anyway, wouldn't want to take away her chances, huh Neeks?" I stiffened up. "Valdez...." "Come on, you soooo like her!" "Who?" I swivel around to see Leo grin. His next words ruin my plans eternally.