Chapter One

Willow's POV

I am making my way through the middle school crowd of people as I try to get on my bus. The annoying traffic of people slowed me down, and I could see the stupid yellow bus slowly driving away. "Dang it!" I yelled, and stomped my foot on a fellow sixth grader's. I was new here, and I was tired of being late, picked on, and failing everything! I heard a Yelp as the tiny kid skampered away nervously. I scowled, and I ran to the back of the school, pulling out my phone and dialing my Mom's number. 7-1-3.. I looked around, making sure no one caught me with a phone out. 0-2-8-3-6-7-5. I put the phone to my ear and hear a buzzing. (BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING, HUH?) "This is Maria di Angelo, please leave a phone number and I'll call you back, goodbye!" I yelled quietly and hung up. My orphan mother was pretty careless, and didn't give a flying fish about me. I heard that she used to be nice and loving, and beautiful and caring until her children died. I doubt the nice part, but she is still breath takingly beautiful. 

She hated me though, and you know how it ended up? Me honestly wishing I didn't exist. For an 11 year old, I was too knowledgeable about life and death and things like that. Way too wise for my age, I constantly wish that I could be normal, instead of having dyslexia and ADHD, and spoiling my life.

I squint at the sign in front of me. It read "No Trespassing!" But I thought it said, "oN eaisTrspnsg!" By the time I had figured out what it had said, I realized that I was in the robbery area of the neighborhood, and, too late, I pull out my phone again, only to feel the cool blade of a curved, weirdly shaped, knife against my throat. "Take whatever you want, I don't have much!" I said smoothly, trying not to scream. "I don't want your money, you fool!" The person had a raspy, almost growling voice, and I was about to prescribe a pill to help with throat problems when I finally realized they didn't want my money. "You don't want my-" I was interrupted again by the voice behind me. "Take her!" I felt a gust of wind, and blackness washed over my mind.

**********

I opened my eyes blearily then the panic from what happened yesterday settled in, along with a mixture of fear, exhilaration, and anger. Anger because they had taken me and hadn't told me where I was going. Anger because they kidnapped me. Anger because a part of me felt dying wouldn't be that bad in my life. I shook the thought away and glanced around quickly, observing my surroundings. I was in a big gray room, with no windows and one door, too far away for me too reach, especially with my tied hands and feet. I twisted around and felt the bobby pin on my wrist band. SCORE!

I take out the pin and wriggle it around in the lock of my chains. I heard a soft click and I feel my hands loosen. I stretch and yawn, still groggy from sleep, and unlock the chains on my feet. I stand up, and, since there is no other option, I walk out the steel door. Surprisingly, there are no guards next to my door, but as I turn the corner, I see an open window, and behind me, I see three giant animals, with matted fur, long, razor sharp teeth, and yellow eyes.