INTRODUCTION

"All right, Miss..." The elegant blonde woman wearing an emerald green dress that matches her grey cat's eyes waves with condescension at the figure that remains still in a dark corner of the luxurious living room.

"Shade is my professional name." Nothing exposes the identity of the figure except for the muffled sound of a feminine voice and a skinny and agile body. The dark grey hood, the black leather jacket, pants, boots and gloves, block the view of even the smallest inch of skin or lock of hair.

"Miss Shade, your CV is certainly impressive and your professional references couldn't be better: you've been highly praised by the highest authorities with laudatory letters. You're the best white-collar thief of the whole world by all accounts and the perfect person for this task. Do you know what you have to do?"

"Of course I know." The shadow answers with a bored tone of voice. "I'll snake into the building unnoticed, steal the piece that you've chosen and leave discreetly, without any violence or leaving dead people in my wake: that's my usual modus operandi. I don't like to cause a mess, you know. Clean jobs are my speciality. I hate chaos and dirt and I don't feel compelled to show my strength and superiority kicking other people's asses. My brains and skills are all that I need... however, if a bit of violence is necessary as a dissuasive method in order to dodge my pursuers, I have an extensive knowledge of martial arts."

"That's exactly what we need in this case. I want to see Katherine Rebecca Kane humiliated, to see her grandiose dreams for the future of this city ruined the same way she ruined the dream of our future together... I want to hit her where it really hurts: her unconditional love for Gotham City, but I don't want to hurt her. Not yet, at least. I loved that woman... I guess I still love her despite all that has happened, but the way she treated me is unacceptable. Please, contact me when you have the necklace and we'll talk about your reward." The blonde woman leans back on the couch and takes her cat in her arms, when she raises her head again her new employee is nowhere to be seen. She's vanished in just one second. The woman smiles mischievously... 'She's perfect for this job, no doubt... Poor Kate, it's time for you to get a taste of your own medicine.'

First of all, there're lots of Batwoman pictures on the internet. I mean, tons of images... I don't know which ones are pieces of fan art and which ones are part of the comics anymore. Sometimes even the specialized magazines use then indistinctly. I'm going to post some of them on my chapters so please, I beg you, if you know the authors tell me so I can give them credit for their awesome work.

Secondly, this is a work of fiction. I do not own anything that belongs to another creator, or any persons aside from my original characters. Batwoman is a property of DC Comics and we're grateful for that because they're going to give us her own TV series next year. Yay!

And finally, I'm sorry. I apologize to every single fan of Batwoman, the real ones, the ones who have followed her for years and have bought any single one of her comics. Those who know her story and background by heart, even to the tiniest detail. I'm not one of you, although I've done an in-depth research, and I know it's highly probable that I'm going to make a mistake and there'll be severe incoherencies in relation to Kate Kane's background. I'm a medievalist and I know how much it hurts when someone messes with my field of expertise writing gibberish without any substantiation. I'm sorry but still, I'm going to write this story and I hope you can enjoy it regardless. I'll do my best so I won't disappoint you.

And as always, please excuse the mistakes of this Spanish speaker who has an extremely chaotic sleeping schedule too. Please vote and comment and... stay awesome!