Open Mic Night

It has been 2 weeks since school started and 2 weeks since working at the Lucky Cat Cafe. And after patiently waiting during those 2 weeks, Miguel is FINALLY able to perform.

Iris: So, what song or songs are you gonna perform tonight?

She takes a bite of her Carimañola.

Miguel: I don't know. Señora Cass told me since its Hispanic Heritage month, she wanted Spanish music to be dedicated for the entire night at the cafe. And she asked me if I can wear my mariachi suit

Which he's wearing at the moment. The university has a tradition during Hispanic Heritage month which is, all Hispanic/Latinx students wear traditional clothing from their own countries or the countries that they're descendant from. That's if they want to.

Marisol: Just you? That seems to much on your hands

Ricardo: That's what I'm saying. If oooonly someone-

Miguel: No

Ricardo: ¿!Porque no!?

Iris: Because the moment you walk in the room, everybody gets drunk and passed out within the next second

Marisol, Rebecca and Miguel laugh from Iris's snarky comment. Ricardo crosses his arms and pouts.

Ricardo: Well, eeeexcuuuse me for wanting people to have a fun time. Plus, it's Marisol who recommends and brings the drinks!

He takes a bite into his completo (Chilean hot dog).

Marisol: And you enforce everybody to drink more and more by saying ¡¡OTRA!! ¡¡OTRA!! ¡¡OTRA!! ¡¡Huevón!!

She pumps her fist in the air and imitates a drunk Ricardo. Causing the entire table to burst out laughing.

Iris: And the next day he be like 'Ayyy, ¿que pasó? Ando con la caña.'