Showcase Aftermath (1.5)

Miguel and Jaehyun walked off the stage and were heading back to their waiting room.

Jaehyun: You were great!

Miguel: You too!

Jaehyun takes off his white blazer and sets it down on the chair. He walks over to the sofa, sits down and lets out a sigh of relief.

Miguel: So, how did it feel like? Performing again

Jaehyun closes his eyes for a moment and thinks.

Jaehyun: Hmmm......different than before

Miguel: Really? How so?

Jaehyun: I never gotten to perform at a stadium with over one hundred thousand people

Jaehyun chuckles and so does Miguel.

Jaehyun: And what about you? How did you feel like?

Miguel: Used to it, performing in front of people, but not to this extent

Jaehyun nods his head a little.

There was an awkward silence in the room for some reason. Ever since Miguel asked Jaehyun to perform with him, they have gotten along very well, now that the showcase was over, it almost as if they've become strangers.

Jaehyun rubs the back of his neck then stands up. He walks over to Miguel and stands in front almost very close to him.

Miguel notices a slight tint of red on his cheeks.

Jaehyun looks down at his hands and starts to twiddle with his thumbs.

Jaehyun: Um.....uh....

He hesitates.

Miguel can't help but naw at the feeling that Jaehyun is about to say something serious.

Jaehyun takes a deep breath then looks up at Miguel. His face still red.

Jaehyun: I-I had a good time, not only performing with you but also getting to spend time with you, even if it was for a short time....

Miguel doesn't reply back, he just stays quiet and lets Jaehyun continue on talking.

Jaehyun: ........I like you Miguel and.....I was wondering if you...and I want to...uh, wanted to get to know each other a little bit better and maybe...eventually...start dating

Miguel is taken aback from the sudden confession. But, he has to tell him the truth, even though it's going to hurt him and how Miguel will feel sad for him.

Miguel: Thank you for telling me about how you feel, but....there's someone I already like

Jaehyun: It's Hiro huh?

He says in a disappointing tone of voice.

Miguel: How did you know?!

Miguel asks all shocked.

Jaehyun: You cant fool me Miguel

Miguel covers his face with his hands and grunts.

Miguel: Is it that obvious?

Jaehyun: Yeah

Miguel uncovers his face and looks at Jaehyun.

Miguel: I'm sorry

Jaehyun sighs.

Jaehyun: I've figured that through out this past week where we have been spending a lot of time together that maybe....I had a chance...