Chapter 24: Family Findings

Dan's POV

I sat in front of the agent. I was fidgeting with my hands nervously. I had told them everything I knew about Quinn, which wasn't much.
After an hour though they let me see Ryan again.
"What the hell is going on?" I asked as soon as I saw Ryan.
"This is the government. You don't tell them much," Ryan replied. I couldn't tell it then, but he was joking.
"Okay. Um, I don't want to be here. How do we leave?"
"They have to let us go. They don't have much reason to keep us here. If there's something they need they have Ben."
"I wanna go home so much. I wonder how Ben is holding up."
"I hear he's been injured on more than one occation. I'm not sure if he's still in the hospital or not."
"What?!" I asked. I couldn't believe it.
"Yep. He might still be in the hospital," Ryan replied.
"Who did it to him?"
"I think he kept hitting his head."
"Ryan Breslin and Dan Deluca, we're going to let you go," an agent said. I sighed in relief.
"Thank you!" I said excitedly.
When we were dropped off at my apartment I ran in.
"Hello?!" I called out. I was immediately hushed by Sky.
"Ben is resting. He got too many concussions," Sky said quietly.
"Sorry. I only just found out about him getting hurt," I said as quietly as I could. "So what's been going on?"
"How should I know? I've been with Ben since he was in the hospital."
"Is there anything I should know about Quinn?"
"Depends. How much do you know about her?"
"Very little. Just her name and that the government want her."
"I can't tell you anything about that," Sky said.

Ben's POV

The government kept me in the room. They were still questioning me about Quinn. I was still in shock about what I had just heard.
"How? What? A-are you sure she's?" I couldn't finish any questions I had.
"Yes, look, we have another Broadway person who we think can help. He went through the same thing in the 80s," the agent said.
"What do you mean?"
"When Cats was on Broadway a girl popped up there. She was taken in by one of the stars. They called her Megan."
"So how does that bring Quinn into the situation?"
"She too had powers and the same men going after Quinn were after her."
"So there are more people like Quinn out there?"
"Quite possibly."
"Wow," I was in more shock than I was before. "So who's the person?"
"Terrence Mann," the agent replied.
"Wait you mean to tell me that Terrence Mann went through this too?"
"Yes. We have it on file right here," the agent said as she pointed to a box.
"Can I read it?"
"Go ahead," she slid the box to me. I grabbed a file and saw a girl that looked like Quinn. The eye shape was the same and so was the colour.
"Who is this?" I asked. I looked the agent in the eyes.
"Her name is Diana. She lives in Washington state," the agent said.
"Quinn is from Washington state. Her aunt came to visit. I don't think she left yet," I said. The agent nodded.
"That's not her aunt. That's an agent for the organization that has made her a super hero," the agent said. She slipped a file over to me. I flipped through it. I couldn't believe any of it.
"How do you know all this?"
"We've been looking into it since Diana was found by Terrence Mann in the 80s."
"That's kinda long," I said.
"Yes and we've rescued a bunch of people in their states. All of them were scared and found by people of importance. Almost like it was planned," the agent leaned close to me. "Was it planned?"
"Why would I plan anything like this?"
"You don't look like you do this, but then again they all look like that until we uncover some things about them."
"You're freaking me out," I said as I sort of backed away from her.
"Admit that you had something to do with it."
"You're being pretty biased."

Josh's POV

I was trying to calm Quinn down. That's when it happened. Neither one of us saw Tommy sneak up. Suddenly Quinn passed out on the floor. Then I felt a sharp needle like pain in my arm. I felt my legs get weak and I was soon on the ground. I hadn't passed out and I could see everything. Whatever I was injected with made me numb. I couldn't move any part of my body except for breathing. I knew my chest was rising and falling, but that was the only movement I had.
When I could move, I was in a van. It was dimly lit and I could see the outlines of two people. I knew one was Quinn. I immediately went to her. I held her close hoping she'd wake up. I noticed a bump on her head. I grew with worry. Then the other person woke up.
We exchanged a conversation. It was Andrew. He had been kidnapped too.
When the van stopped, I held Quinn closer. The door opened and light rushed in. Some people were trying to take her. I didn't want to let her go, so I bit them. One person grabbed my arm and I was pricked. I heard Andrew scream something as I fell into darkness.