Take Down (Superman)

Chapter 4

Take Down (Superman)

Daily Planet

It was night and people were gathered in the front of the Daily Planet as a man stood on the top of it holding a gun to his head. Everyone was there, including reporter, Lois Lane, and her intern, Jimmy Olsen. They were looking up as Superman flew right above them.

"It's a bird!" A man yelled.

"No, it's a plane!" Jimmy yelled.

"No you idiots! It's Superman!" Lois yelled out loud to the crowd.

Superman flew in front of the man wearing a hat that covered his face and a brown jacket. "They said I was worthless, they said they didn't need me." The man said.

"It's okay, just put the gun down and we'll talk." Superman said in a calm tone. The man put his gun down, "Good, what's your name son."

"I ain't your son," The man was still looking down, "And my name is Rudy Jones."

"Rudy Jones!? I know that name from somewhere!" Superman said confused.

"Your right," The man looked up, it was Parasite.

"You." Superman said angrily, he charged at Parasite, but Parasite pointed the gun at Superman and shot him. The bullet was a Kryptonite Bullet.

Superman fell and hit the ground that was hundreds of feet below. When he hit the ground, the ground cracked. Stepping on the cracks, people gathered around him. Lois Lane ran to his hand and held it. The crowd looked down in sadness as Parasite got away.