Chapter 3

Christopher Maurice Brown:

"How's school going?" I asked as I switched the phone from my right ear to my left.

"I hate math so much Chris." She said with sort of a chuckle

"I'll tutor you, you almost home?" I asked

"Just pulled in the driveway." She said. "But I'm on my way I'll come to you."

"Alright ma, See you in 10." I say before I hung the phone up.

"Chris, Domo here to see you." Jaxon said as he walked down the steps, Domo behind him.

"Wassup man, what beef you got with me?" He asked out of no where.

"I ain't got no beef with nobody." I replied shrugging.

"Wassup with you and Jhene?" He asked when I finally decided to look at him I chuckled because he looked bad, I beat him up pretty badly.

"I been knowing Jhene since I was 7, ain't no nigga about to come around and tell me to stop talking to my best friend of 10 years, so why you here?"

"Did he hit you?" I asked

"Chris h-he tried to rape me, He was so drunk I don't know what I did to deserve this I love him b-"

"Shhhh it's not your fault." I mumbled pulling her into a hug, I let her cry on my chest.

"Chris don't do anything stupid I can't have you locked up or dead." She spoke softly.

"Imma handle it." I replied and she knew not to argue with me, it really wasn't much of an argument she does this thing where she laughs when arguing and repeat everything back to you in the form of a question it's hilarious.

"Everybody be talkin, tellin me they see you and Jhene together and shit. People think y'all together-"

"Aye bruh we grown ass men you really bouta come in here and tell me you pouting cause people talkin? Fuck outta my face with that shit straight up."

"Look man, that's my heart you feel me? It be killin me when she with somebody else, I feel that shit. I know I be fuckin up and shit but she all I want."

"Act like it, cause you should be dead after everything you did to her and she just keep takin you back that's the only reason you not dead ion want her to look up and want you back and get sad about the shit. So act like it before I just change my mind and kill yo ass."

"She just so crazy."

"I know but she ain't to be hurt."

"Christopher?" I heard Jhene sang, within seconds she was in the same room as us, her smile dropped when she seen Domo.

"Hey ma." I said, and she looked away from him and walked over to me giving me a hug.

"Hey boo, ready to do my math homework?"

"I ain't doing shit imma help."