~ Battle for Survival... ~

This was inspired by https://www.deviantart.com/mns-prime-21/art/Request-TFP-Optimus-Prime-vs-Soundwave-295946518, https://www.deviantart.com/mns-prime-21 beautiful art piece.
Show:
Transformers Prime

Setting: Stormy night

Characters:
Soundwave ((Hasbro))
Optimus Prime ((Hasbro))

None of these characters belong to me.

~+~
Optimus' POV:

Rain

It was hitting hard against my windshield, my alt mode drenched in rain, my windshield wipers swayed back and forth as I drove through the dense forest, my headlights only giving me so much sight, so I had to be careful. Lightning flashed a few miles south, followed by thunder rolling overhead. It was both peaceful but scary, oddly enough. I would occasionally stop, transform, and let the rain drench my form. I did this once again, this time, near a clearing. I had no destination I wished to go, I had not come from anywhere in particular, or wanted to leave the fresh air and rain, I did not want to return to base, just thinking about it made me sad. I let out a sigh, and was about to transform again, when through the loud thunder and the constant sound of raindrops hitting anything and everything, I heard a jet. I stopped, remembering that eighty percent of the Decepticons alt modes were jets, then looked towards the skies. Lightning flashed across the sky, and in that brief flash of light, I saw the silhouette of a thin but large, purple jet, flying towards a cliff. 'Soundwave' I thought. It could have been a vehicon, or Megatron, but I had seen Soundwave more often then the rest of the decepticons, surprisingly, and knew what Soundwave looked like. It was clear in my processor. I transformed and drove in the direction Soundwave had been heading in that brief moment I had seen him, smoke plumed out of my smokestacks as I took off after the Decepticon SIC, splashing rain water and mud in my wake.

Soundwave's POV:

Darkness

I enjoyed it, it was mainly the only thing I did enjoy, besides pleasing Lord Megatron. I, though, liked to dangerously fly in huge thunderstorms, being off the Nemesis was relieving, it could get stuffy in there. I felt the rain hitting my wings, lightly pushing me towards earth in the slightest, but I always would stay at the same altitude, watching the ground fly by underneath me. I loved flying away from the Nemesis and over this beautiful landscape, under the safety of the dark clouds above me. Though, I had to be careful, staying low enough to not be struck by lightning, I, the Decepticon SIC did not wish to feel such a shock from this planets elements, that would not be pleasant. I thought about turning back around when I heard the distant sound of a Semi Truck, I would have froze if I wasn't flying. After a moment or two, it stopped, and I heard the sound of a cybertronian transforming. A flash of lightning went across the skies and I saw the silhouette of a certain cybertronian Autobot, standing tall and looking directly at me. I would have chuckled if I wasn't mainly mute. I knew very well that the Autobot could see me, but did the Autobot know that he himself was just as clear to the Decepticon SIC? I mentally smiled, before flying off towards a cliff, and, not to my surprise, the Autobot followed me. I checked my systems, scanning for the details to every Autobot, and found his details. Optimus Prime. This was going to be interesting.

Optimus POV:

I had been following Soundwave for at least five minutes through the rain, relying on my hearing to find Soundwave, the lightning flashes helping slightly. I saw Soundwave fly towards a cliff, before transforming and disappearing out of sight. I took off faster, knowing Soundwave, he could be up to something, anything, he was unpredictable, Soundwave, and it worried me to my spark. I began to drive up a road in the cliffside, questioning my actions all the while. 'I should be calling for backup, maybe we could take on Soundwave... No, he would have flown away by now, or opened up his own groundbridge back to the warship, back to Megatron. He knows that I know that.' I kept driving upwards, I could faintly hear Soundwave, pressing holographic buttons, doing SOMETHING up there, but it was unknown what at the moment. I did feel fear slowly begin to seep into my processor, my frame wanted me to stop and turn around, call for a groundbridge, just do something to get away from the silent SIC, but I pushed that fear down. 'No, I cannot show anyone I'm afraid, I must not show Soundwave I am afraid.' I soon found myself at the top. I couldn't back down now. I transformed and locked optics with Soundwave's viser. "Soundwave."