the party tomorrow. #edited

You slam the door open and get to your feet, running down the stairs- seeing papyrus on the couch looking at you in question.

"Uh- what were you doing in sans' room and what was with the noise?" Papyrus questions.

You stop, freeze, die inside, and heat up like a furnace- for god sake how many times are you going to blush?!

You didn't realize that in your struggling, you were making so much noise...

"haha, i was hungry, sans wouldn't let me go so i was struggling against his fricken iron grip! That's all" you say before realizing that it can still be taken wrong.

"he was asleep" you say- probably only making it worse...

"h-he grabbed me while he was asleep..." you say- also... making it worse, but making HIM sound like a pervert... damnit why is this so hard!

"Look, it isn't what it sounds like" you finally say.

Papyrus only looks more confused...

you want to move on- there's nothing you can do, you've already ruined it for yourself...

"i'm... getting food..." you finally state- pap had distracted you from your hunger pains.

You enter the kitchen, leaving a still confused papyrus in the livingroom.

You open the fridge, only to find containers opon containers of leftover spaghetti...

You grimmace.

On the other side is a single bag of chips- why in the fridge? Probably sans.

You grab the chips, inspecting the bag.

Po-popato... Chisps???

WHAT?!

IS EVERYTHING MISSPELLED DOWN HERE!?

you open the bag, smelling it.

It smells normal...

You grab a chip, inspecting it further- looks like a normal chip...

Must be normal chips...

You sigh, throwing the examined chip in your mouth- tastes like a normal chip... Feels cold though.

You are hungry- may aswell get something... And- the spagetti... It may kill you.

You re-enter the livingroom with the bag of chips you are eating.

"So... What time is it?" You ask.

"2 in the morning." Pap answers.

2!?

"WHY YOU UP SO EARLY??" You question.

"Ive... Never been to a celebration consisting of so many people- hell- there hasnt ever been one!" Pap says.

... Pap just said hell...

"Whait- you- you jus-" you start.

"Nyes- i know- i cursed- dont tell sans, he'll yell at people for hours, last time i cursed in front of him, he went to undyne and she never cursed infront of me again..." Pap states.

... Damn... Hes... Protective of his bro...

Aw- thats so adorable!!

You knew he looks out for him and says hes cool- but this is a whole other level, maybe abit anal but... Still cute.

"Its cause he loves you pap." You state, smiling warmly.

Pap smiles.

"So- about the party- you nervous or somethin?" You ask.

Pap nods.

Noo! Not poor papy!

You pat him, eating another chip loudly.

"Dunno what your so worried about- the worst that can happen is people are scared to talk to the great pap!" You say grinning.

Papyrus seems to lighten up.

"NYES! YOU'RE CORRECT! THERES NOTHING THAT CAN GO WRONG! THERES A FIRST FOR EVERYTHING AND EVEN IF THINGS GO WRONG I CAN STILL PULL THROUGH!" Pap exclaims.

But... Hes lying.

Hes still nervous... And... Theres nothing you can do.

Hes putting up an act- no one can be that positive...

Not even papyrus.

And it breaks your heart.

You hug papyrus, surprising him.

"NYEH!? WHATS THIS FOR?" pap asks.

"Nothing will go wrong- i- and everyone else will make sure of it." You say.

Papyrus stiffens.

"Not even sans can tell... How? How could you?" Pap says.

Sans cant tell?

Wait- papyrus knows he can tell these things?

You look at papyrus.

Hes... Not all you thought he was...

Sans is right- it does take abit to know someone, hell- people change right under your nose... You just gotta look.

Orange tears form in papyrus' eyes.

Both of them...

Sans only cries with one eye...

Weird...

"Pap?" You ask.

"Y/n, i know im supposed to be the nieve one- not knowing things but... I do- sans isnt the only one who can read people- other than you... And y/n... I know it was a while ago you told me this- and i dont know if you changed your mind- but... Please- i would rather live in the underground with you alive, then on the surface and you dead... So..." Pap says.

"I did change my mind pap... Dont worry." You say.

Forget. Forget. FORGET. FORGET! FORGET!FORGET FORGET FORGETFORGETFORGETFORGET!!!!

Forget? Forget what?

Papyrus smiles.

"NYEH! THATS GOOD! IM GLAD!" He exclaims.

You nod.

What were you talking about?

Oh well.

Oh- shoot- you never told mom youd be staying!!

That must be what you forgot!

"Shoot- pap- sorry but i should really go- i was never really supposed to leave- mom's prob worried sick!" You state.