16-

woojin's pov

i open my eyes and hear familiar voices suddenly shouting for the doctor.

the last thing i remembered was laying down in the practice room as i ball up into a small ball like a baby. i placed my hands on my stomach and i cried for pain.

my group members all gathered around me and tried helping me but to no avail. that's the last thing i remember before i closed my eyes and opened my eyes to a hospital room setting.

my group members gather around me again and they were saying something that i couldn't fully understand. they look at me and started talking.

my hearing become more clearer as the second passes and i hear my group members more clearly.

"are you okay, woojin?"

"how are you feeling?"

"why did you take so long to open your eyes"

"does it hurt?"

"manager hyung is already getting the doctor now"

so i'm in a hospital? probably because of the pain i experienced before i passed out. it must have been the same day as i passed out since it's only turning night time.

i tried to stand amidst all the talking but i was pushed back down to lay when i felt a sharp pain on my stomach.

what?

"you should lay down woojin" daehwi say as he lay his hands on my back to gently lay me back down in the bed.

"what happened?" i managed to choke out some words.

"you took the wrong medicine" guanlin says and i just had the biggest shock in my life.

wrong medicine? what do they mean wrong medicine? i didn't take any medicin-

the extra strong panadol. i drank it before practice. do they mean that?

"what do you mean? it's the correct medicine" i say in defence. no way hyora prescribed me the wrong medicine.

we may not be together anymore but i know for sure that she doesn't have anything against me. we talked three years ago and we're cool with each other. even though it was really awkward when we found out that she was our personal doctor.

i acknowledge the fact we have yet to meet or talk in three years but i'm pretty sure we ended it properly. she walked away from me after she kissed me that night. she didn't look back at me at all. i went back to the dorms with bloodshot eyes.

i totally don't see any reason for hyora to prescribe me the wrong medicine. i'm really confused right now.

"it was found out later that the labels in the boxes were switched. you ended up getting aspirin instead. you had an operation and you're here awake after two weeks" daniel says as he sees the new level of confusion plastered on my face.

what in the actual hell happened? are they literally saying i was in coma for two weeks? are they saying i went under operation? are they saying it has been two weeks since i saw hyora and drank the wrong medicine?

i lay on my bed and took a long time to try absorb the information. the members went back to their sit as they wait for me.

"so who switched the labels?" i finally ask.

"that's the thing we don't know. the girl doctor claims it's not her so we don't really know. no one else is that suspicious to change the labels but she claims that she didn't do it so we're really confused right now" daniel speaks up.

girl doctor

"can i tell you guys something" i say seriously and they nod their heads.

"i used to date that girl doctor" i admit.

"WOW"

"WHAT"

"stop joking hyung"

"you're funny"

"he's really okay now that he can tell some jokes"

literally the reaction i was expecting.

"i'm serious though." i say and they keep quiet. they know me that much that they could differentiate if i was serious or joking. that's what i love about them. they're like my brothers that know me since young.

"are you really serious?" jinyoung finally says a word.

"yea, we met in high school. i was really shocked when i found out but we were cool. i don't see a reason why she would do it" i say and i get another unexpected reply from them.

"she probably got salty you broke up with her so she decided to get back at you" jisung shouts as if he solved the case.

"tsk, i told you we were cool right." i eye at him and he makes a zip-my-lips action.

"someone else must have done it" i conclude and they laugh.

"obviously" was all they say, probably thinking my deduction was dumb.

"but woojin ah, i'm really happy to have you back. the stage felt so empty without a good dancer and a rapper" daniel stands up and gives me a hug.

the other members stands up and follows into the group hug. i really love this bunch of people. i've been with them since produce 101 and until now. i'm really thankful for these boys who acted like my mother, my father and my brothers through my journey.

[ here's some twist hehe, any ideas who did the label switching? btw, it's 5 days to wanna one's contract expiration and i'm really sad. even though i haven't been up to date with wanna one that much, i'm really sad to see them disband because i've watched them grow since produce 101. i watched them debut to wanna one and even promote as wanna one. and now i see them separate ways which was something i never once saw from the start. the fact that they will become busy after going back to their own agency and won't be able to meet that often really saddens me. i just hope the best for wanna one and every individual member. let's continue supporting them in individual schedules in the future!! ]

[ vote and comment ]