NINETEEN

Milyon
"So you guys don't know who it could be that's after Gio?" I asked, sitting beside my wounded ex husband. "Not a damn clue." Kaylen mumbled as Karter started to wake up. He opened his eyes and smiled when he saw Kaylen, then frowned when he saw me. "Oh so what? You ain't avoiding me no more?" He said in a raspy voice, sitting up in his hospital bed and I rolled my eyes. "I wasn't avoiding you to begin with." I responded and he turned back towards Kaylen.

"How's Quinn? Gio? Tyree? Shit everybody?" He asked anxiously. "They all good son." Kaylen assured him and Karter sighed in relief. "When I find out who the hell was behind the shooting imma kill em." He mumbled and I shook my head. "That's exactly why you're laying in a hospital bed now. You need to stop acting off of anger and think shit through. You have a fucking family to take care of at the end of the day." I snapped at him and he frowned at me. "Aw my bad it seemed like for a moment you actually care about a nigga yet you going home with strangers and not answering your phone the whole damn night, Milyon you pushing it." He said and I stood up looking furious.

"You was the one who cheated! You was the one who decided what was best for me and divorced me! All of this shit is happening because of you! If you kept yo dick in your pants and just kept it real about having an older son none of this bullshit would've happened Karter! Get off your high horse and accept the fact you fucked up and now that I'm single and grown as fuck I am opened to do whatever the hell I please!" I went off on him as I heard clapping behind. "You fucking tell him mia bellissima figlia." Gio said and I quickly walked over to him, hugging him.

"I'm so happy to see you're okay." I said calming down in his embrace. "You know your old man is tough as nails. Way tougher than Karter , as you can clearly see who's in the hospital bed." He joked, making me laugh. "Pops I love you but me and Milyon was in the middle of something." Karter said sitting up, ignoring Kaylen's and Gio's protests. He took the needles out of his arm and stood up stretching. "I only got shot which ain't shit new and you niggas know that. Where my real clothes at, we need to get home and talk more." He said cocking his head, looking at me and I looked down before walking over to the table, grabbing his clothes.

I walked over to him and handed it to him and he looked me up and down before going to the bathroom. "That boy will continue to give you hell if you run right back to him Milyon. You gotta teach him a lesson soon or later. Rather soon because later will always be too late to fix the mistakes." Gio said, making me and Kaylen look at him confused. "You wise and all but can you please talk our language?" Kaylen said, making Gio laugh. "I'm sure I'm not speaking Italian, am I?" He said smartly as Karter walked back out, in a all black outfit. "I guess this will do. I knew I left my black T-shirt at yo crib." He said and I noticed the gold grill shining in his mouth. Shit.

"Well you want me to drive you or what?" Kaylen asked as everybody got ready to leave. "I'm driving Milyon car." He said and I only looked at him. "Remember what I said." Gio said as he and Kaylen left out. "What is he talking about?" Karter asked, picking up his black jean jacket. I only shook my head. "Nothing important." I answered as he held his hand out. I looked at it for a minute before realizing he wants my keys. I gave it to him and he took my hand as we walked out.

"If you start feeling any pain Mr.Montgomery remember you can always come back and get checked up again." Said some nurse and I saw how she was looking him up and down. I turned my head, refusing to say anything. It's not my place anymore.  "Aw my wife knows how to check me up real nice. Up and down at that." He said before looking at me grinning and I felt my face blushing. The nurse only smiled before giving me a stank face and walking away. "Shocked you didn't flirt back." I mumbled as we got on the elevator. "Don't even do that. I never disrespected you dead in yo damn face Milyon." He said and I only shrugged. "It's not like you still didn't do it though." I said and he sighed. "Don't matter now, we ain't together." He said trying to end the conversation. I had so much to say but refused to say it. I didn't want to speak to him anymore.