Part Eleven Alone

Jimin sat with Hoseok on one of the rugs. He handed Hoseok a beer.
'No.' Hoseok said. 'I shouldn't drink.'
Jimin giggled. 'Come on. It's New Year's Eve! You have to drink with us.'
'Fine.' Hoseok took the beer reluctantly.
Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Namjoon was chatting excitedly with Jin. Jungkook was singing along to some music on his phone. And Suga was deep in conversation with Taehyung.
'What are they talking about?' Hoseok nodded towards them.
'I don't know.' Jimin frowned. 'Maybe Suga is warning him to stay away from us.'

Suga stared unblinking into Taehyung's eyes. 'Don't think I don't know why you're really back. It's for Hoseok. I heard you the other night.'
'Heard what?'
'You kissed him. And Jungkook caught you. How far would you have taken it if Kookie hadn't stopped it?'
'Suga, I.' Taehyung sighed.
'That's what I thought.  Did you not wonder what it might do to Jimin?' Of course, you didn't, like the last time you split them up.'
Taehyung froze. 'How did you know about that?'
'Tae, I think it's evident at this point that there are a lot of things I know about.'
'Meaning?'
'Meaning that nothing is kept hidden from me.'
'I told you I'm not here to cause trouble.'
'Too late.' Suga glared and stomped away. Leaving Taehyung baffled.

Hoseok was drunk again. Only this time he seemed to have lost control of his legs. He wobbled through the building for...
What was it again? Hoseok thought as he checked his phone.

Hoseok

Tae, meet me in the basement now.
We need to talk.

Right, basement. Hoseok squinted at the screen. He could not even remember sending that text. But, he must have done. It was his phone, after all.
After a few more minutes of willing his legs to balance his body, Hoseok found the basement. Or, he assumed it was the basement. A few steps were leading down into a dark room.
Hoseok carefully stumbled down the steps. It was a lot colder than there. And he was glad that he had borrowed someone's coat after forgetting his at home.
Hoseok stepped into the darkroom, wondering where the light switch was and if it would even still work if he did find it.
Hoseok froze, he had heard a noise. He wanted to call out to ask who was there. But, he suddenly felt too afraid. Alone in the dark was not one of his favourite places to be. He could not move or make a sound. He was frozen in fear.
Bang!
The door behind Hoseok slammed shut, stealing from him the last bit of light he had.
Hoseok whined. 'No, no!' He fumbled for his phone and squinted at the screen. No signal.
'Shit!'
Hoseok felt around in the dark. He was hoping to find his way back to the door. He could feel nothing but cold. Tears fell down his cheeks. His chest tightened. He could not breathe. How will he get out? Someone will surely find him.
Hoseok took a few more shaky steps.
He heard a crack, followed by a snap. The ground gave way beneath him; soon, after all, he felt was the pain. A lot of pain.
Hoseok cried out. Desperate for his friends to help him. No one came. No one saved him this time.
Alone in the dark. In agony. He could not move without causing more pain. All he could do was lay there, pleading for help, which he was no longer sure would ever come.