Ten 열

Jimin refused to let Lara out of his sight, he was cautious and alert at all times. Getting ready to pounce on the duo if they were to change into those things and try to hurt Lara in the process.

Lara did not mention anything about her history with both Yoongi and Namjoon, but he began to come out with a theory, an explanation. He knew that they used to study in the same prestigious University. The intensity in Namjoon's eyes whenever he locked his eyes with Lara was quite superficial. Jimin deduced the fact that it might be due to the effects of the potion. But Yoongi?

The way Yoongi flared at Jimin when he saw them together looked different- like he really meant it. Like he had actual feelings for the clumsy doctor. Jimin bit his lower lip when he recalled how Lara used to call out Yoongi's name when she woke up because Yoongi's SCENT lingered on Yoongi's coat that she had on.

Jimin felt a pang of jealousy swept through him. Could it be? Was he falling for her? Was this more than a mere crush?

"Hey Romeo. Help me out will ya?" Tae Hyung called out to him, waking him up from his wavering thoughts.

Tae Hyung was currently setting up the table, Jin had asked Hoseok and Jungkook to help him out in the kitchen while Tae Hyung was given table duties. Jimin nodded and took the napkins from Tae Hyung's outstretched hand. Jimin kept glancing towards Lara, Yoongi and Namjoon who were discussing the possibilities of creating an antidote in the living room not far from where the duo were.

"You really like her. Don't you?" Tae Hyung asked quietly.

Jimin kept quiet. He did not know how to answer to THAT question. Like her? Or like her like her? Or was this.. love?

"Initially, it started out as a crush right? Jungkook and I knew. That was why we joined in the pranks and also because, she was far too serious. A little prank did her good.." Tae Hyung started as he placed the cutleries neatly into the folded napkins, ".. the moment Senior Supervisor Min and Deputy Director Kim came was the day that you.. changed. Word has it that you were suddenly 'dating' her. I knew instinctively it was another one of your pranks, or so I thought." Tae Hyung paused as he looked up towards his Friend.

"But just about an hour ago, when I saw you embracing her in the most affectionate way, I cannot help thinking, that there is more to this than that. I understand that there is some confidential thing going on, that's why the superiors and her are discussing in hushed voices right over there. Jimin, it looks like she is going to cause a little trouble for you. That is as far as I know. Trust me when I say, fighting for the person you love, even when the odds are against you, is the most respectable thing to do. We got your back Brother."

"We?" Jimin asked him.

"We." Jungkook, Jin and Hoseok's voice chorused in perfect harmony. Jimin turned to see his friends standing behind him.

Jimin gave them his signature mochi smile and nodded. Inwardly being thankful to have such great friends surrounding him.

==================

"Sounds like a plan. We can work on it in my office back at the agency. Everything is pretty much there. But.." Lara paused.

Yoongi having read her mind when she stole a quick glance towards the man that he had begun to detested spoke, "You are not taking any chances?"

Lara shook her head, "I love the both of you. That was why I left right after we graduated without a trace. I don't want the both of you to fight over me. And truth be told, I was also terrified.. When you change.. There would be no one looking up for me. But now, Jimin knows everything. Please allow him to be with me at all times. Just like how it was with you, Yoongi. Before you revived."