Chapter 6

[A little compilation of the next few weeks cause things are moving way to slow!]

First week

After work hours and school, Jonah invests his time in learning about his new found powers and abilities. He decides to use them to help others and become a superhero. He just couldn't find a good name yet. The media will probably come up with something he could use.

Dean is opening up to Jonah more and more, joking around, buying him things. Thanks to him Jonah now had his own laptop and a brand new phone. For the first time in a long time he was getting attached. Let's just say the previous time didn't end very well... He would not let that happen again.

Second week

Jonah makes his first appearance as a superhero, helping out the little guy. He isn't dressed in a brightly coloured costume, that would be stupid cause they instantly see you coming like that. Instead of that he chose darker colours, autumn colours. The media calls him the Dragon-Man, due to his dragon like appearances. Jonah hates the name, he should've came up with one himself.

Dean hates this so called Dragon-Man. He's bad for business. Besides, Dean hates people who think they can be a hero. Heroes don't exist, there is only evil in the world. Everything else is fake. Even though Jonah makes him doubt that. And then he remembers how his mom died, the people who killed her, and he knows there is no good left in this world.

Third week

Jonah is really getting the hang of this superhero stuff. He even discovered his wings are bulletproof! Let's not say how... Anyway, he also found out it's Dean's birthday this weekend and he wanted to do something nice for him. Dean had done so much for him already and he just wanted to repay him. But how?

Dean was preparing for his first encounter with this media hyped Dragon-Man. So stupid, even his initials were DM, like, are you serious? No, he would learn that wanna be hero what suffering feels like. And he was absolutely gonna enjoy this...

Present (Still third week)

Saturday morning, 07:54, Jonah walks into Davis Industries with a smoothie at hand. He glanced at the desk ladies, who glanced back at him. Gossip about him had spread trough the company in a matter of days. The brat's new toy, it's what he was called among workers. Jonah didn't really care though. At least he knew that wasn't the truth.

He walked up to the private elevator, scanning his card and pressing on the button for one of the top floors. Sucking the straw of his drink, he walks into his office, putting down his bag and looking at Dean's desk. Empty. Strange. "Hey Gabe, where's Dean?" Jonah asked, his head poking out the door, facing the bodyguard.

"Up in the penthouse, I don't think he's coming in today kiddo" he sighed. "What? Why not?" Jonah whined. He had plans for today! To celebrate his birthday! "You do know what day it is, right?" Gabe asked. "Yes! That's why I have to see him!" Jonah exclaimed. "I-I wanted to give him a birthday present later today and-"

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" Gabe interrupted. "What? Why not?". "Mr Davis hates his birthday, you better not remind him of it". Jonah's eyes widened. What kind of person would hate his own birthday?! How was that even possible?! "Is he going out today? At all?" Jonah asked on a sad tone. "He'll be at lunch with his father, discussing business" Gabriel stated. "When are they gonna be back?" the boy asked. "Around 13:30, why?"

"I'm so getting him a birthday present" Jonah smirked. "And he'll love it! Just you wait"

Dean had just signed the papers, everything was official now. Dean Davis is the new head of Davis Industries. He and his father had a quiet elevator ride back up to the penthouse. They didn't have anything more to say to each other. They never had. This has always been the plan and the plan must always be executed, no matter what.

He was kinda upset that he wouldn't be able to spend time with Jonah today though. He didn't know why. It's not like he doesn't see him every day and today wasn't special. But somehow it felt like it was. He shook his head and sighed. Did Dean really want to celebrate his birthday with that kid? What was happening to him? Did he already forget the pain? No. He could never forget the pain. Ever.

Dean excused himself and went to his room. He just wanted to be alone, just like on all his other birthdays. He needed to direct his anger to something, he needed to train. But he noticed something was off the moment he opened his bedroom door. Something wasn't right. He frowned, furrowing his eyebrows.

That's when he saw. In the lounge by the window, couches he never even used before. On the small table in the middle. A take away coffee from Cassey's Coffee. A single blue balloon tied onto it, almost pulling the cup into the air. Next to it laid a small note, he could recognize that handwriting from a mile away. Jonah Adams.

I still owed you a coffee ;)
Ps You have an awesome room! <3

Tears came to his eyes and he didn't know why. He slowly put down the card and took the coffee, now crying. He remembered... Jonah had remembered how they met, he had remembered what he said... When was the last time Dean had received a present for his birthday? It had been years...

The coffee was still warm and the cardboard cup left a tingling feelings in his hands. The coffee is still warm... He quickly wiped his tears away and looked around his room. Just in time to see a head vanish behind a wall on the top floor, his actual bedroom. Dean took a sip of the coffee, smiling, in tears once more.

"T-thank you" he choked out, his voice breaking as he spoke. Jonah's head carefully popped back up from around the corner as Dean made his way up. "Y-you like it?" he asked nervously, fidgeting with his sleeves. "I-I wasn't sure what to give y-you since you already got s-so much so..."

"I love it" Dean breathed out, putting the cup on his nightstand while walking over to the boy. He wrapped his arms around Jonah in an instant, not letting go anytime soon. There was just silence as the man cried into the teen's shoulder. He slowly pulled his head back, looking into the boy's eyes.

"D-don't cry, you're g-gonna make me cry a-as well" Jonah stuttered, his face turning red. This made Dean chuckle a little as he cupped Jonah's cheek with one hand. "Never change" Dean whispered before he couldn't hold himself back anymore. He promised himself not to do this to Jonah, but he just couldn't help it. At least this time it was sincere...

Dean planted his lips on those of Jonah's, softly kissing him. He held the teen in place with one hand on his lower back and the other now laying in his neck. Jonah didn't react at first, overwhelmed and in shock. Yet slowly but surely, he kissed back, letting himself melt into the kiss. He moved his arms, letting his hands travel over Dean's back to his hair. Just to let his fingers get tangled up in the dark mess.

And in that moment, that one moment, good and bad didn't exist. There was no light or dark, just grey. Everything was at peace as two sides became one. Unfortunately, peace never lasts forever...