Chapter 4

Katrina's POV:

I ran to my room, my face feeling all sticky from the tears that dried on my face. I ran to my bed and slid under the covers. 'Why did I tell him about that night, why? I'm so glad that at least one person agrees with me. I was really glad to let someone know rather then holding it in. But usually I just tell people the fake story, why did I tell him the real story? I mean he is really easy to talk to and still it's like I could trust him. But why? I was thinking very intensely until I felt my eyelids become heavy and I fell into a deep sleep.

...

When I awoke I felt refreshed. I haven't had that good of nights rest for a long time, years at least. I got up and went to the bathroom to take a bath when I came back I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." I said, it was Sebastian. "Good morning Milady. For breakfast we have crescents and a black mint tea." He said while putting the tea and food on the night stand. I went to the closet and put on the dress but it was a more fancy one and I couldn't zip it up. "Sebastian, would you mind if I asked you for a favor." "No, what is it you need of me." "Could you zip up the back of this dress it seems I can't reach it." "Of course." He said and came to the closet and zipped up the back when I turned around he was slightly in awe but soon his face went back to normal and he bid me farewell and went back to his duties leaving me there to eat and fix my hair. I put it into a braid going down the back of my neck, finished breakfast and tea. Then left to go downstairs.

Once I got to the Dining room I looked for Ciel or Sebastian but what I found I was not was expecting. I found four people that I have never met before and a white dog sitting chewing on raw meat in the corner. "Who are you?" I asked them. "We are the phantomhive servants!" They all said in unison. "My name is Mey Rin." A red headed maid said, "I clean and do laundry, yes I do." "I'm Finny and I am the gardener." A blonde headed boy said, not sure if he is a girl thought. "And I'm bard, the phantomhive cook. Over there is Pluto the dog, and on the pillow drinking tea is Tanaka, he usually just sits there and does nothing. Once and a while he gets a burst of energy and talks to you but that is very rare." Tanaka said, "Ho, ho, ho." Then sipped on his tea. While the dog sniffed me and smiled then jumped on me. God I hate dogs. "Pluto down." He obeyed and sat down and I pet his head and asked, "Do you know the location of Sebastian? I would like to speak with him." "He and the master just left, they should be back soon though." Finny said. "Thanks, do you know what I can do around her to pass the time." "You could go to the library." Mey Rin commented.  "No, do you think I could cook up some lunch for everybody." Bard replied with; "Sure all the ingredients are in the kitchen." "Thank you" I told them all. 

I headed to the kitchen, it was down the hall if I recall, where me and Sebastian had tea last night. This must be it. I got to work right away. I found everything I needed, clams, celery sticks, potatoes, the spices, and some milk and fruit. For lunch I made Clam chowder soup, with some potato leak stew, and a celery stick with the stew. For dessert I made a parfait with the fruit. I put plates on the table and went to the garden and got a bouquet or different coloured roses and put it on the table.

I heard Sebastian and Ciel return and went to them. "Welcome home, lunch is ready to be served." I said. Ciel looked a bit shocked and Sebastian smiled thoughtfully at me, I blushed a bit while Ciel said. "Did Bard cook again." "No, It was me. Please follow me to the Dining room." They did so and I set down Ciel in a chair and brought out the trolley and put the food in front of Ciel. "Would you mind if everyone ate at the table or just the two of us." I asked hopefully. "Do whatever you wish." Bard, Finny, Mey Rin, and Tanaka came in and took a seat. I handed each of them the food and asked Sebastian, "Won't you eat with us?" He replied, "I am sorry milady, but I cannot but I can sit down. I pulled out a chair for him he sat down and I pushed him in. Then I went to go sit down. "Today's meal is Clam chowder soup, with a Potato leak stew, and for dessert we have a fruit parfait." We all dug in and Mey Rin said, "This is so good. It's just as tasty as Sebastian's cooking." Finny replied, "You're right it's so good!" Bard said, "Delicious!" Tanaka said, "Ho, ho, ho." "Where did you learn to cook like this? It is just as good as Sebastian's cooking." Ciel asked. "Well I had learned the servants how to cook delicacy meals and I have learned along my travels how to blend spices perfectly to make it a meal that makes your taste buds dance." I stated as I dug in and was impressed .with the meal I had made but it wasn't as good as him.

As everybody finished, Sebastian took the plates, Ciel went up to his study, and the servent's went to go to the town for some errands Sebastian gave to them, and I went to the kitchen to help out Sebastian with the dishes. "That was a nice surprise to come home to I must say." He said to me. "Well I got bored and wanted something to do so I thought I would be useful and make lunch." He chuckled at that. "What's so funny?" I asked him smiling. "Well you are a guest and you shouldn't be doing servant work." "Well I didn't want to be useless. Anyway I think your food was way better yesterday then mine today. Yours had a lot more flavor in it." "Well I am one hell of a butler after all." "Yes, I guess you are." We finished cleaning up the kitchen and asked, "What should we do know?" "I still have duties to attend to, you may follow if you wish to." "I think I might take you up on that offer." And I followed him out of the kitchen.

We went up the the Library and he had to dust it, so I helped him. Once that was finished we went to the laundry room and did all of the sheets and towels and clothing. That was done, we went to go wash the floor of the main entrance and finished that then went to go clean out all the fireplaces. Once that was done straighten up all the rooms then we were completely done. We went back down to the kitchen and made tea and cake. "Wow how do you do that everyday, my feet are sore." I asked him. "Well-" He chuckled and finished, "you get used to it after a while. It did go a lot faster when you helped me. So, are you still bored milady." "No, and please call me Katrina." I asked him. He gave me a piece of cake and a cup of tea. "Well you are not all that you seem I must say. I thought you were at first one of the women that just sit and watch everybody else do the work." "No, I used to live in a big house and have rich parents, but I never did like it when people would wait on me. So I always tried to help out and the maids and butlers gave me pointers to do a job faster then normal. Also I learned how to fence, cook, and do many other things." " Well that's unusual for a young lady like yourself to learn all that as a child. I mean it is a lot to take in and it's also not proper for a lady to fence, I mean it is hard to learn." "First of all I'm no young lady I am 26, second of all you know how to fence." "Yes and quite skillful at it." "You and me should have a battle to see who is better at fencing sometime." I begged with pleading eyes. "Yes, we shall maybe later this evening if there is enough time." He smiled and pulled out his pocket watch and saw the time. "Look at the time, I must bring tea and the cake up to my master." "Of course, I shall wait here and we can make dinner together, is that all right." "Yes it is." And he walked out the door. I was blushing. Was I becoming attracted to this butler. He is just so much fun to hang around. And he is very bright I can see that. But can I fall for another man and not get my heart broken?

~~I'm sorry to leave it on a cliffhanger like that. Please leave a comment below and tell me if she should trust Sebastian or not. Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote. Bye!