Epilogue

Gender norms are social norms defining acceptable and appropriate actions for women and men in a given group or society. They are embedded in formal and informal institutions, nested in the mind, and produced and reproduced through social interaction.

The world nowadays are very judgemental. They easily judge people just because it's different from what they see, hear and act everyday. They judge you because you're different from them. They say hurtful words that affect us deeply. You're being stabbed by judgemental people who doesn't have any idea of who you really are. Their mouth is like a killer machine who won't stop firing bullets until you bleed to the ground. Being different is hard cause you will receive hatred, weird stares and unreasonable gossips. 

It's hard to socialized with people who have standards as high as the heavens above. But little did they know that sometimes being different is also an astonishing thing. We can sometimes use our uniqueness as our asset in life. To build our empire, to be better and to prove those degrading people how wrong they are on talking shts about you, about us. We may be created equally but we are all raise differently and that's okay cause that's what makes us unique from one another. 

With different skin colors, body size, height, fairness of the skin, eyes, smile, attitude and gender. I sometimes find the word 'perfect ' very funny cause no one is really perfect in this world we are living, even models or actresses have flaws and insecurity in their own. We all have. There's no such thing as perfect. 

But that thought of no one being perfect is being ruined when I met her that night. 

She's not attractive like the other girls but she has something in her that really caught my attention. She possess the most beautiful pair of eyes I ever seen in my life. She has this angelic voice that made my world stop for a second. And she has this beautiful heart that makes me fall for her even more.  When I met her I immediately utter the world 'perfect' not just because of those trait I've said earlier but because of who she is as a person. The world becomes perfect in my eyes everytime I'm with her. I find her flaws beautiful. I find everything in her beautiful, even before. And that makes her perfect for me.

It's been 5 years since we saw each other personally. Nagkikita pa naman kami pero hanggang face time lang. Naging busy na rin kasi si Driss simula ng dumating ito sa L.A. Shooting doon interview dito, guesting bukas, runway mamaya kaya minsan talaga ay hindi na kami nakakapag-usap, pero never naman yun naging hadlang sa relasyon namin. Once a year ay talagang nagkikita kami, minsan ako yung pumupunta sa kanila at minsan naman siya yung umuuwi dito sa Pinas. I really appreciate her for making time for the two us even though napakafull na ng schedule niya sa L.A. Minsan nga nagkakasakit nga siya dahil sa mga trabaho niya eh. 

Ang rami na ring nangyari sa nakalipas na limang taon. Naka graduate na kami, meron ng mga sariling trabaho at iba-iba pa. Si Driss, hayun model parin pero at the same time nag papatayo na rin siya ng sarili niya pastry shop. Si Kris, hayun, natuloy sa Harvard. She's currently working hard to get her licence as a Neurosurgeon. Pagdo-doctor kasi ang kinuha niya kaya hayon, hanggang ngayon nag-aaral pa rin.