chapter 5: im happy

a/n: wow this is his yearrr🥵

LAURA

I was at the studio waiting for R5 and Ryland to arrive. I was on my phone scrolling through twitter, looking at questions from fans and decide to tweet some of the fans back.

@kylaaaalynch: When your newest song going to be out??? i love u🥰

@lauramarano: @kylaaaalynch well, i'm in the studio rn. love u too😚

@anr5lover: r u going to do a duet soon? i need some new songs to jam out to💛💛

@lauramarano: @anr5lover well i'm actually waiting to meet up with the people i might be doing a duet with❤️

I log off my twitter and stare at the blank wall across from me.

The door opens and Rydel comes through the door way first. Then comes in the four boys, including a blindfolded blondie. They made him sit on a chair in the corner of the room as I gave them hugs.

"Hey." They just looked at me and I remembered that this was a secret and he couldn't know it was me yet.

I was so nervous, but the Lynches and Ratliff talked a little louder and I whispered my responses.

"Hey, I'm still here, you know. Can you take the blindfold off?" Ross says from the corner of the room. I smile a little from hearing his voice.

"Yeah. One minute." says Rydel. She walks over to him and takes both his hands, leading him towards me.

She gives me a small nod and I take one of his huge hands in mine, then the other one.

Rocky goes behind Ross and unties the blindfold. Ross slowly opens his eyes and looks at me

Oh my gosh, his eyes....

"Laura?" He asks.

"Hey" I say. He takes his hands out of mine and my smile leaves my face. Oh no, what if he's still upset at me? What if he refuses to do this song? What if he hates me just like I said I hated him? What if....

"We'll let you guys talk for a little bit." Rydel says as she winks at me. They leave the room and Ross and I stand there. Awkward. It took a few moment for someone to say something.

"Why?" Ross said, looking at the ground.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Why'd you say that you hate me?"

"It's been 7 years, Ross."

"But it still hurts every time I see you, every time I hear your name, when I hear your voice everything gets better, but then I imagine you saying you hate me again...."he explains.

"I never meant to hurt you, but I just didn't feel the same." I tell him. He looks up at me with so much sadness, its heartbreak.

"But you did, and it won't go away." he tells me. His eyes were watering and I've never felt so guilty in my entire life.

"Now you have a boyfriend so it's not even like I could do anything to make you love me." he continues.

"You still love me?" I ask him.

"Laura, I've always loved you, I'll never stop. You can hurt me every time, but I'll always come back to you." he says, his eyes closing as tears run down his face.

"I don't know what to say..." I whisper back.

"I wasn't expecting you to say anything, just tell me your happy with you boyfriend and I'll stop bothering you." he tells me.

"I'm happy with him. I'm sorry." I respond.

"It's okay. I guess. Your happy, that's all I need to know" he says, wiping away his tears. He sits on down on the floor, sobbing quietly. I kneel down next to him, to help comfort him. I send Rydel a quick text telling her to come back in.

i know this isn't the best chapter and i don't really like how it is but i have a plan on how it'll work out so....

yeah hope you at least kinda like this book

also....if u have any suggestions on books to read, dm me cause i wanna read more books and i feel like i've already read every raura book on this app.

please vote and comment. see u soon