chapter 8: special order

ROSS

ROSS

Well, it's not like I can just be like "Oh yeah, I didn't do anything but hang out with my siblings and think about you for those 7 years."

So instead "Not much, other than some interviews and making music with R5."

I turned my head to face her and she just nodded a little bit. I don't even know where I'm taking her. I kept driving until there was a small Starbucks without a lot of cars in the parking lot, so hopefully we don't get recognized.

I flicked my turn signal and turned right, going around the sidewalk and smoothly gliding into a parking space.

I unbuckled and opened my door, slamming it shut and jogging over to Laura's side in time to pull it open for her.

I offer my hand to her to climb out and she sees it, then smiles at me. She grabs onto it, but quickly pull it away. Laura slips out of the car and hits the pavement.

"Ouch, what was that for?" she asks as I stand there like a literal idiot.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. It's just that I felt a spark when you grabbed my hand and it scared me a little." I reply as I stare down at my shoes and blush a little, remembering that feeling, even if it was only a second.

"Okay?" She says as she picks herself up and closes the door.

In my head I told myself just to run over to her to open the entrance door but I decided against it, scared to embarrass myself again. I think I forgot how to move cause I just stood there.

"Hey...ummmm Ross? Are you going to come in or should I just hold the door for another hour?"

I looked up and she was laughing at me. Nobody laughs at Ross Shor Lynch.

"You are talking your thoughts. Also, sorry but everyone laughs at Ross Shor Lynch."

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment."

"What?" She asks, still smiling. Damn she's so pretty.

"I'm a funny person, that's how I make people laugh so much" I reply, trying to sound extra smart.

"Uh huh. That's it." She says sarcastically, making me run over to her and through the doorway. She laughs at me. "I swear you didn't grow up yet."

I ignore her playful remark as we walk up to the cashier to place an order.

"Hey, Laur? What do you want?" I ask her.

"I can order for myself..." she tells me.

I make a signal for her to place her order and I tell her to sit down and save us a table, though the place is practically empty.

I get myself a caramel macchiato and lean over the counter.

"Can you add a pink cake pop and draw a heart on it with icing for the lady?"

The cashier guy nods at me and I pay with my card, pulling out a one dollar bill and placing it in the "tips" box.

I walk over to the pick up area of the counter and grab the two drinks, then walk to the table where Laura is seated.

"Here you go m'lady." I wink at her a little bit and she blushes, not as much as I wish though.

"Thanks, Ross" she says.

The cashier man walks over to our table and gives Laura the cake pop.

"Special order" he says, before walking away.

Laur looks at me, then down at the cake pop.

"This is so cute" she squeals before taking a small bite from the sweet treat. Oh my gosh, I love her so much.

okayyyyyy this is the new chapter....
i promise it'll get more interesting as it goes onnnn

question: what's your favorite drink at starbucks? i wanna try something new

please vote and comment!!! xx