chapter 18: his notes for whoever she is

LAURA

So I woke up this morning and decided to head to Ross' house. I haven't seen him since the dinner which was a little over a week ago.

I got to the front door and Rocky answered.

"Hey Laura. Come in. I think Ross is still asleep but you can go up to his room if you wanna."

"Thanks Rocky. I think I'll go up." I reply, walking into their house.

"Okay. Can you wake him up before noon though. He sleeps so much."

I laugh and tell him I will wake up Ross. I climb the stairs and walk into Ross' room. Clothes are scattered everywhere and I can hardly walk into the room without stepping on all his clothes.

I sit down beside his bed and next thing I know, his eyes are open, his arms are out and I'm being pulled down to lay beside him in his bed.

"Hey" I laugh out, still a little shocked by the quick little ninja move he pulled.

"Hi Laura" he said, with a groggy morning voice.

"Rocky let me into the house. He told me to wake you up."

"Okay. Lemme go to the bathroom. Wait here." He instructed me, getting up and going out the door.

I laid in his bed and then I started to get bored to I picked up his phone and entered his password. I went into his notes mainly because I know he likes to write in there.

Usually it's song lyrics and I keep scrolling through and I eventually get down to 2018, about 5 years ago.

There was a note and on it. That was a huge mistake.

I swear. I love you more than you will ever know. I saw you as an opportunity to get out of how I felt about someone else, but I ended up falling for you. Courtney, I know you better and you deserve better than me. So baby, take my hand and we'll be alright.

-Ross

That hit me. I thought Ross said he never moved on so who is Courtney?

I started to hear footsteps come towards the room so I exited the app and set Ross' phone down on the nightstand and pulled up the covers.

"Hey Laura? Do you....umm do y-you wanna g-go out on....a-a d-da-date with me? Like to-today?" He asked, stuttering many times.

"Of course Ross." I said with a real smile.

"Okay. Cool." he said looking down shyly.

——————————————————————————

Rydel was helping me get ready for my date with Ross tonight.

"I can't believe you and my lil bro are going on a date." She exclaims.

"Yeah. I'm so excited though I wish he'd just ask me to be his. I just want him to be able to hold me and I could kiss him whenever just because I feel like it." I say looking down.

"Hey you never know. He could ask in a few day or it could be a few weeks. Maybe he just doesn't wanna rush you." She says and I look back up at her. "No matter what, I know he loves you so much and he will do anything to make sure you become his."

"I know but can I tell you something?"

"Of course." Rydel tells me, knowing I trust her.

"I was using your brother's phone earlier and saw that he had a note. In the note, he wrote about a girl named Courtney and how he was in love with her. It's dated 2018 so what if he didn't love me for those seven years?" I ask Rydel, wanting to know who this girl was.

"Okay so Courtney was one of my best friends, she still is and I set them up because Ross was hurting so bad and I didn't like seeing it." I nod at her to continue. "She ended up liking him and I think he used that opportunity to lose feelings for you."

"Oh my gosh." I say in shock.

"Yeah. Then they started dating and hung out. I'm not sure is she ever made him truly happy but I know he did like her a little. I never knew he loved her. That's something you would have to ask him."

I nod as her and she continues to apply and light layer of makeup and burl my hair.

"Is that something I should even ask or is it a sensitive topic?"

"I guess you could ask but he's a private person as you know." Rydel tells me, curling the last section of my hair.