chapter 15: kiss me

ROSS

Wow.

Laura looks into my eyes and I don't know what she feels but all I feel is love. Now is the part where we lean in and I am supposed to kiss her.

That can't be hard. She looks so perfect right now.

I lean in slightly, as she leans closer. I can hardly breathe, just knowing how close she is. I feel something brush my lips, so I lean closer to kiss her, but wait.

That's not her lips. I know what her lips are like.

I pull back and look at her. I have a lipstick stain on my cheek.

Well we just did that.

We missed each other's lips.

Laura and I burst out into laughter as soon as we both realize our fail to kiss. The crew settles us down and I become serious again. Okay. This is it.

We lean in again, slower. I feel her lips brush against mine and I wrap an arm around her waist, awkwardly and put the other hand on her cheek.

By now I've broken character but I don't care. It's a soft kiss, the perfect one for this shot, but again, I don't care.

I pull her closer to my body as I deepen the kiss. Yeah I love her and it's not like she doesn't know. I hold her small body close to mine and I don't wanna ever let her go.

I savor this moment. Last time I kissed her, I told her that I didn't care if it was the last. Now I do. I have to make sure she feels the way I feel about her.

I know she told me that she kinda likes me, but I have to know for sure that if we date, she won't break up with me.

I can't have this be my last kiss with her. Doing this makes me feel so happy, like I can do anything. I can't not feel this ever again.

She starts to pull away and I do too, needing a breath.

"Cut!" Yells one of the crew members.

Laura and I look up, then at each other, exchanging a face that tells we both forgot other people were in the room.

"That was too long but I think with the camera angles, we can make it work. Good job, back to wardrobe you go." A crew member tell us.

Her and I separate back to wardrobe.

By the end of the day, I feel the amount of tension between us since the kiss. I could look into her eyes forever but she couldn't look into mine. It was so awkward and because I drove her here, I'd have to drive her back.

Hopefully I could fix this in the car ride back because I don't want to not talk to her. I need to make sure we stay close.

After she get out of her "dressing room" I walk her to my car and open the door for her. She gives me a small, nervous smile as a thanks.

I walk to the drivers side and get in, putting on my seatbelt and starting up the car.

"Can you put on the radio?" She asks.

I agree. We sing along to more recent, popular songs. Gosh her voice. It's breathtaking. "Quit" by Cashmere Cat and Ariana Grande comes on and I listen to Ariana sing, as Laur sings along. I don't think I've ever heard anything so soothing in my life.

By the time this song is over and two more play, we have arrived at Laura's house. I don't want her to leave yet but she opens her door.

"Wait!" I yell. She spins around, catching the door, as she had pushed it to close not a second earlier.

"What?" she asked.

"Can we talk?" I ask her, hoping she would say yes.

"Ummm. I guess, do you wanna come in?"

"Yeah.". I lock my car and head into her house, right behind her and I take off my shoes, something I consider a common courtesy.

We take a seat on her couch and though I don't live here, it feels more like home than anywhere I've ever been.

Well fuck. After this she'll be sending me out, and my home isn't gonna feel like home.

wow so it's been a little too longgg. it felt like i just updated like two days ago.

i've been busy w sports and stuff since season is coming up. okay vote and com!! ly