chapter 9: better impressions

ROSS

Laura and I were done at Starbucks and I had a gut feeling that my impression on her wasn't enough. So what is the cliche thing to do? Go to the beach, so that was where we were headed.

Once our feet hit the sand, I picked her up, spun around and ran towards the water. She started laughing so much and I loved it.

As soon as my feet felt the cold water, I screamed.

"Holy shit, that's so cold!"

"Ross! Oh my gosh it can't be that cold." She tells me.

"You think?" I ask her back, trying to challenge her.

"I bet you it's not cold"

"Okay Laur. You got a deal" I said. "If I win and it is cold, you have to go on a date with me."

"Okay. I'm only agreeing cause I'll win and when I win, you have to buy me ice cream from the stand over there" she says, pointing at a small shop on the boardwalk.

"Ouch." I say, frowning a little, but not enough for her to tell. 

She just laughed and I let her go just enough so her feet could touch the water.

"Ahhhh. Holy shit. Wow it's cold" she dreamed as she jumped back onto my body. I could feel my feet starting to get numb so I booked it. I held onto Laur tight as we practically flew through the sand and back to the boardwalk. I put her back down because I was feeling tired and she was squirming.

"So Laur, you know you own me a date?" I said as I sent her a wink.

"Umm. Ross, I have a boyfriend. It's not like I can just go on a date with you."

"Right. I forgot." I replied, looking down, the frown on my face becoming more visible.

"Ross, I'm sorry"

"No, I'm sorry. I should've never asked for that as the winning prize for a bet."

"Hey, look at me" I look up to meet her eyes. "It's okay. Now c'mon. This night is supposed to be all about having fun." She says as she smiles up at me.

I give her a small, slightly fake smile.

"You know you lost the bet? Well, we should go get some ice cream anyways" I tell her.

"Wait. Really?" She said happily.

I nod and take her hand to drag her over. We place our orders, and I pay, considering I'm such a gentleman.

We walk over to a small picnic table and start to eat our desserts.

I watch her as she devours her ice cream. She looks at me.

"Uhh.... your ice cream is gonna melt you know?"

"Umm.... yeah." I say awkwardly and I start to eat my ice cream, suddenly not feeling so in the mood for sweets.

I've got an idea.

"Hey Laura. Look at me."

She lifts her head

Three.

Two.

One.

I lightly push my ice cream into Laur's face rubbing it all over.

"Hey!" she screams before laughing. "My face is going to be all sticky and numb."

I laugh as I let her clean up her own face though she's shaking with laughter.

She was laughing because of me! Ahhh I'm in love. I love it. I love her....still....

okay so this was lowkey a sucky chapter. i literally only liked the last two sentences but it's whatever.

luh u alllllll. please vote and comment. thanksssss