chapter 11: make you mine

ROSS

Home. That's where I am and for some reason, it doesn't feel like home. My car even feels more like home when parked in front of Laura's apartment.

I can't exactly comprehend what happened in my car last night. I mean, I know that I kissed her and told her that I needed that kiss, even if it was the last time I ever got one from her.

I'm pretty sure it's about 10:00 am so I am gonna assume that Laura is home. I want to hang out with her so that's where I'm headed. The place that feels like home, though I have only been in it for about five minutes in the last 7 years.

As I was tying my laces to my converse, my phone rang and I ran over to it, hoping it was Laura calling.

I picked up the phone to look at the caller. Andre. Great. Just as I'm about to go see Laur.

"Hey. Wassup?" I ask.

"Hi Ross. Meet us at the studio. I already called your siblings. Laura is here too."

"Umm....okay. I'll be there in fifteen." I say as I hang up the call.

———————

I arrive at the studio and walk in, seeing I'm the last one in. I know the song has already been written. A small band gave us the song that Laura and I are going to duet.

I take a seat next to Laura and smile as her as if it were a greeting. She gives me a small, nervous smile back. Then, Andre walks in.

"Alright. Everyone is here? Cool." he says looking around the room. "So I think today we should start recording the song. I'm pretty sure most of the instrumental background is already recorded so it's just really Ross and Laura's voices."

I hop and up and run to the booth. Laura is chasing after me and I laugh, pulling up the mic so it's a perfect height for me, but too tall for her.

She frowns at me and i lower it, you know, cause I literally can't resist her. Also, cause sad doesn't really look good on her. Wait. I mean she always looks good but I don't wanna see her sad.

The producer gives us a questioning look and I give him a thumbs up back. He nods and starts the background music so we can sing along.

Make You Mine (PUBLIC -ig: @publictheband)

[ROSS]
Well, I will call you darling and everything will be okay
'Cause you know that I am yours and you are mine
Doesn't matter anyway
In the night, we'll take a walk, it's nothing funny
Just to talk

[ROSS & LAURA]
Put your hand in mine
You know that I want to be with you all the time
You know that I won't stop until I make you mine
Until I make you mine

[LAURA]
Well I have called you darling and I'll say it again, again
So kiss me 'til I'm sorry babe that you are gone and I'm a mess
And I'll hurt you and you'll hurt me and we'll say things we can't repeat

[ROSS & LAURA]
Put your hand in mine
You know that I want to be with you all the time
You know that I won't stop until I make you mine
Until I make you mine

[ROSS]
You need to know
We'll take it slow

[LAURA]
I miss you so
We'll take it slow

[ROSS]
It's hard to feel you slipping through my fingers are so numb
And how was I supposed to know that you were not the one?

[LAURA]
Put your hand in mine
You know that I want to be with you all the time
You know that I won't stop until I make you mine
Until I make you mine

[ROSS & LAURA]
Put your hand in mine
You know that I want to be with you all the time
Oh darling, darling, baby you're so very fine
You know that I won't stop until I make you mine
Until I make you

I took off my headset and put it on the mic, slowly. Somehow, during the song, we turned to face each other and I leaned in a little.

She back up a little and it hit me. Oh yeah, dumbass, she has a boyfriend who she loves and it's not you!

I turned around and opened the door back to the main section of the room.

i'm sorryyyy. i was on vacation so i didn't have any wifi to update.

so that's why i'm gong it at like 2am on a tuesday

vote & comment pleaseeee