chapter 17: proposing before dating

ROSS

We had surprised Laura at her photo shoot and now our plan was just to hang out as a group for the rest of the day.

Laura drove her own car while the rest of us squeezes into one car. We were headed to the beach to walk around in the boardwalk.

Just so we wouldn't suffocate, Rydel and I went with Laura in her car and we arrived at the beach parking lot.

The boys' car pulled up in the space right next to Laur's car and Riker turned off the car. We got out and headed for the game arcades on the shore.

"Hey. Wanna race?" Laura said, pointing to two drag racing car game things.

"Oh you are on!" I say to her, then sprint for one of the seats behind a wheel.

She runs over and loops down in the seat beside me, inserting a coin into her machine as I insert one in mine.

About three quarters of the way into the game, I looked over at Laura's screen and saw she was trying so hard to get out of 2nd place, to beat me since I was first. So because I love her and I want her to win cause it'll make her happy, I purposefully crash into a highway barrier so she has time to race ahead of me.

She crosses the finish line 45 seconds later then jumped up, out of her seat.

"I won. You lost. Now I get to choose something!" she yells happily.

I laugh and let her drag me away to the next game

——————————————————————————

Laura and I were done playing games at the arcade and she was being all playful. I took her for a walk along the water, giving Rydel my phone to make sure she took some photos of Laura and I. I thought they'd be cute and maybe if we were unidentifiable, mainly Laura, I could post one.

Though I know Laura just got out of a relationship, I wanna ask her out. She's so gorgeous, and kind, and she has the best personality. I can hardly control myself around her.

We all went out for dinner that night and I made sure to snag a seat next to Laura.

About 15 minutes later our orders had been placed. I was twirling a ring around my finger, a known sign I was nervous. Eventually I struck a conversation with Laur and we were talking bout having a possible concert together where we could sing our new song.

It was relaxing just to sit and talk as if no one else was around and joke. I was telling her some of my "Laura Jokes" and she was laughing the entire time until she literally fell out of her chair.

I saw something roll away from her as she sat on the floor rubbing her ass from the impact. I went to reach for the rolling object at the same time she did, our hand laying on top of one another's. She quickly pulled her hand back, turning a cute blush pink color.

I sat on the ground with the object, and realizing it was a ring, I decided to put on a show. Laura was already back on her chair, the rest of our table looking at us since the moment Laura fell from her chair.

I moved my body so when I started to get up, I could give her the ring in a way that made me look like I was proposing. I waited for her to take the ring from me and when she did, Rydel and Ryland gasped. It really did seem like a proposal.

I waited a few more extra moments before deciding to hop up and sit in my seat.

I smiled at Laura and she gave me a smile back and a quick "Thanks."

"No problem" I told her

sorryyy. i know this is such a crap chapter. the next one will be better. i promise.
but like if u wanna vote and comment that's cool too🥴😎