Roommates (R)

I turned to face Reid, who had a humorous grin on his face.

"You planned all of this." I shot at him, crossing my arms against my chest.

"I don't know what you're talking about, common mistakes and coincidences." He shrugged.

"Shall we look at our room?"

I rolled my eyes and stormed into the room he gestured towards while he chuckled to himself.

I'm pissed, but I can't lie; the room is beautiful, just like everything else Reid touches.

The king-sized mattress sat on a wooden bed frame and headboard set, with drawers under it, nightstands with decorative figures and lamps stood on each side of the bed.

The walls were painted a beautiful eggshell white color and the floor is covered with dark wood, a bearskin carpet lying over it.

The room had one vast window, showcasing the beauty of the Maldives from above, a beautiful drape hanging over it. I looked around and took the decorations in, the watercolor canvas art, Cobra statues, and antiques, the plants. Everything would be so much easier if I could hate this.

"Well?"

"I like it." I huffed, getting a chuckle from him.

"The bed's big enough for both of us."

"Oh- you're not sleeping with me." I laughed. Reid slowly looked up at me with confused, narrow eyes.

"You're sleeping on this nice bay window." I said, grabbing a long blanket and pillow and putting it on the cushion then patting on it.

"Firecracker-"

Ding-Dong

"I'll get that." I said with a grin, running towards the door.

Laurie, Camilla, and Jessie stood in front of me, each of them changed and ready with shades on.

"Come on, loser, we're going shopping." Jessie said, quoting Mean Girls, tipping his shades down.

"One minute." I laughed.

They all came in and sat on the couch. I ran into the room and pulled out an outfit. Reid looked at me indifferently.

"So, you're going to kick me out of my own bed, then leave me?" He asked, slouched over a pillow on the bay window.

I walked into the personal bathroom and slightly cracked the door.

"Seems to be what I'm doing." I said, taking my clothes off.

"Wow."

I put on a high-low, teal maxi skirt with a white one-shouldered crop top, I stepped into my white sandals and slid a few of Camilla's bracelets down my arm. I simply put on lip gloss and pulled my hair into a neat, low bun and left the bathroom.

"Here." Reid outstretched his black card to me and I shook my head.

Before I could decline, he opened his mouth to speak again.

"I'm not offering, I'm telling.  No spending limit."

"Thank you." I plucked the card from his hands and left the room.

"From us to you." Camilla said, handing me a pair of oversized, bedazzled Gucci glasses. I laughed and put them on and we went out.

All of us shopped and talked for hours, we met a lot of locals and nice natives; I had fun, and I could feel my bond with all of them intensifying.