CHAPTER ONE

JULIA POV

I look at my phone in my hand to check the time. 3:54 pm.

Shit.

I unlock it and decide to call Hannah.

"Hi girlie!"

"Hey, where are you?" I ask.

"I'm in the GAP store, why?"

"Well, I just got to the mall, have no clue what to wear tonight to Nate's party and the mall is almost closing!" I sigh, walking towards GAP.

"Calm down, just meet me in front of GAP and I'll help you okay?" she says, in her always soothing voice.

"Thank you," I reply softly and hang up, continuing my way to the store.

////

"There she is!" Hannah says and comes my way for a hug. I hug her back and try to smile.

"I'm serious, Han," I start, "this is our first party after the summer and I have to look amazing."

"I know," she says, "but don't worry, you always do. There is a reason everyone wants to be you." She winks and I chuckle.

"Now, let's get some coffee first, okay?" She says and we walk towards Starbucks since nothing better was nearby. We get in line behind two very similar looking boys. I nudge Hannah in her side.

"I've never seen them before, have I?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow. She shakes her head and I tap the one in red shorts on his shoulder. He turns around and mumbles a 'yeah?' as he looks at us. 

"Hi, I'm Julia," I say, shaking his hand. "I believe we haven't met yet?"

"No, we haven't?" he replies slowly.

"Are you two new in town?" I ask and they nod.

"Just moved, two weeks ago," his brother replies.

"And you're name is..?" I ask, raising my eyebrows and intrigued by his appearance.

"It's Grayson," he says with a smirk.

"Have you made some friends already?" Hannah then asks.

"Nah, not really," Ethan says. "Too busy unpacking and exploring the area."

"How about you two come to a party tonight?" Hannah smiles.

I look at her, raised an eyebrow and scoff at her. 

"Excuse you?" I say offended.

She looks at me with wide eyes and apologises.

"If you don't mind of course," she says, looking at the floor.

The twins awkwardly stand next to us, Ethan even cleared his throat. I look at them, scanning their bodies looking at them from head to toe and roll my eyes.

"Ugh, fine," I then say. "I have to call Nate first but you can come. Just give me one of your numbers and we'll be in touch okay?" 

They slowly nod. I hand my phone to them and Ethan takes it and puts in his number. I fake smile at him as he gives it back with a smirk and winks at me.

"Maybe you can make some new friends, huh?" I say with a fake smile, and they frown and simply reply 'okay'. Hannah hands me my coffee and we exchange goodbyes.

"Now, let's go shopping please," I say as we walk away.

/////

A little short first chapter but it was more to make a first impression of the characters. 

Kind of important note: please also check the casting to see what I had in mind for the characters, but please use your own imagination!!

This book will be a bit of a Gossip Girl meets The Breakfast club kinda vibes, so the attitude of Julia (you) is inspired by Blair Waldorf.

Anyway!!! THANK YOU for reading! Please vote if you liked it and leave comments with what you loved, hated, tips and tricks. I love you!!!

PEACE