CHAPTER 14

JULIA POV

"Okay class, that's all for today," Mrs Bodain says as the bell rings. I get up and grab my stuff. As I turn around I see Max standing next to me.

"So, what are we doing this afternoon, sis?" he asks and I feel my phone vibrate.

From: Grayson

Can you come to my house at 4? X

A smile creeps on my face when I quickly text back an 'ok'. 

"Who's that?" Max asks with raised eyebrows. I blush.

"Nothing," I quickly say, but the managed to grab my phone out of my hands. He looks at the screen and gasps.

"What?" He whispers. "What are you not telling us?"

"Nothing," I lie. "He tricked me into helping him with his English paper after Saturday." 

Max raises his eyebrows again, not really believing my story.

"Then why are you blushing?" he almost whispers. "I told you this morning that you didn't look as if you're going through a breakup!"

"I swear," I say, walking away. "Mr Green made me do it after he heard us talking about it in detention."

Max rolls his eyes.

"Okay, fine, I believe you," he then sighs. "But I was so shipping you both!"

I chuckle. "I know."

"Anyway, have fun, see you tomorrow," he says as he struts off.

I shake my head and go to my locker. As I open it someone closes it right away. I look over, annoyed, and see Ethan.

"Excuse you?" I say, raising my eyebrows.

"Soooo, Julia," he says with a grin on his face.

"What?" I hiss at him, opening my locker again to grab my homework. 

"Well," he starts, now leaning to the lockers with his back. "I heard you're coming over today."

I nod, now closing it and walking away. 

"Since you're into the Dolan genes," he says and I stop immediately.

"Listen, Ethan," I say. "Just because something happened once doesn't mean I'm 'into the Dolan genes'."

"I know," he smirks.

"I'm not into anything at this point," I say, continuing walking to the exit. "I've got stuff to figure out and I need to discuss it with Grayson."

"Sure," he winks and he opens the doors for me. I thank him with a nod.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to taste a different flavor Dolan?" he chuckles.

"Not really, thanks," I say disgusted. 

"Too bad," he says, still following me for some reason. "Anyway, I was wondering if you could give me a ride to my house since you're going there anyway. Grayson left early today and now I'm stuck here."

I unlock my car and sigh. He just looks at me with a wide smile on his face and puppy eyes.

"Fine, get in," I eventually say. He gets in the passenger seat and I start the car.

"Can I put on some music?" he asks and I nod. He chooses a song I'm not familiar with, but like nonetheless. I drive away and we're silent for about 5 minutes until Ethan asks if we can get some food.