CHAPTER 9

Grayson POV

I get closer to her pretty face. She looks confused and I like that.

"You know what," I say, my face inches away from hers. "You actually need to be put with both feet on earth again."

She raises her eyebrows at me. Before I can say anything else I get disrupted.

"Dolan, back in a seat again please."

I look over my shoulder and see Mr Green standing in the door opening. 

"Stop harassing that girl, will you?" He sighs.

I wink at her one last time before I turn around and get back in my seat. Mr Green nods and leaves again. I wait until he is completely out of sight before I grab my phone. I open Instagram and go to Julia's profile. I hold my phone in front of my face so Julia is able to see I'm looking at her, through my phone.

"Grayson," she sighs. "Can you stop stalking me?"

"No," I say.

"Then at least like all my posts," she chuckles.

I start liking the following pictures.

"Jesus how many posts do you have?" I ask after I've been liking her pictures for two minutes.

"About 500 I guess," she says. "Keeps you occupied."

"I can still be annoying while liking your pics," I say as I turn around, facing her.

"Of course you can," she says, looking me dead in the eyes. "But at least you've admitted you're annoying."

She looks at me with a raised eyebrow and a satisfied smile on her face and it made me chuckle. She then looks at her phone and gets a sad look on her face.

"I'm sorry about your breakup," I say after a moment.

"Thank you," she says softly.

"Also, I'm sorry if you broke up because of me."

"No it's not just you," she says, but before she continues her sentence she closes her mouth again.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing," she says. "I don't want to talk about it with you."

I wanted to say something rude but she's visibly hurt.

"That's fine," I sigh. "Don't rush it."

I smile at her and for the first time ever I get a genuine smile back.

"I think I'm gonna write that essay," she sighs as she gets up to get a piece of paper from the desk.

"Why?" I ask, confused at why anyone ever would want to write an essay.

"If I'm stuck here today, might as well make it a productive one," she shrugs.

"You want one?"

"No thanks," I say. "I'd rather die."

She scoffs and rolls her eyes. There is the Julia I know.

"Of course," she just says and sits in the front again. As far away as possible from me. I literally can't do anything right? Even if I'm nice she can be nice to me for about a minute and the mask is back on. I stare at her back as she starts writing. Her long brown hair in a ponytail, the way she moves. Something about her made my stomach move. I'm startled by the feeling and jump up. She looks over her shoulder, frowning.

"What's wrong?" she asks.

"N-nothing," I stutter. "I thought I felt a bug."

She raises her eyebrows in disbelief, scoffs and shakes her head as she turns around again. I feel my cheeks heat up. What is wrong with me? What was that?