CHAPTER 13

JULIA POV

It's Monday morning and I've never been this excited to go to school again. I wake up an hour earlier than usual and take my time to pick an outfit and do my make-up. I wear light washed high-waisted super skinny jeans with a loosely cropped navy hoodie. I go downstairs to the kitchen and make myself some cereal breakfast. It's a beautiful morning so I decide to eat outside.

I was almost finished when I heard my mom squealing from inside.

"Honeeeyyy?" I hear her high voice in the distance. "We're back!"

I get up and grab my bowl with cereals and meet them in the kitchen.

"Hi," I say. I sit at the kitchen island and continue eating the two bites that are left. I look over at my dad and see he's on phone. Of course. He waves at me with a smile before he's off to his study that's next to the kitchen.

"How was your weekend?" my mom asks, after blowing me a kiss. By the thought of my weekend, I feel butterflies in my stomach.

"It was okay," I lie. "Nate and I broke up."

"Oh baby, I forgot," my mom says, pulling me in for a hug. "Are you okay?"

I nod. I'm feeling better than ever actually.

"I have to call his mom about this," my mom says. "You know how we think of... this."

She pauses after 'of', twirling her finger around. I sigh and nod.

"Please," I beg her. "Don't make a big deal about this okay?"

"Hmm," she says. "I'll try."

I get up and put my bowl in the dishwasher. I was just about to grab my stuff and go to school before my mom stops me.

"Please meet your father at his study," she says. "He needs to talk to you."

I frown and go to him. I knock on his door and go inside. As he sees me he mumbles a 'let me call you back' in his phone and gestures me to come in.

"What's up, sweety," he says as he sits down behind his massive desk.

"Well, mom told me to see you," I say and sit in a chair in front of it.

"Yes, about that..." he starts, leans back and sighs. "We know you and Nate broke up."

I hold my breath, hoping he won't say what I think he will.

"So you know, business is not doing so great," he continues.

Oh my God, not this again.

"Since you broke up with him, his dad isn't willing to support us in our newest project. As you know this is disastrous because he was one of our biggest stakeholders."

"So what do you want me to do," I sigh.

"Make him forgive you, of course," he replies as if he's asking me to do the dishes. "Get back together, make a truce, beg him; I don't know!"

I roll my eyes.

"Seriously?" I groan.

"Yes, Julia," he says.

"I can't and don't want to," I raise my voice. "He treats me like shit!"

My dad gets up and walks up to me. He leans on his desk, folding his arms.

"I'll talk to Nate to stop being shit to you," he starts. "Then you just keep it up until our project is finished."

"And when's that?" I get up to leave.

"Before Christmas," he shouts at me but I've already left his study.

I get my bag and leave without saying goodbye. As I get in my car I let out a massive groan. I get my phone and text the only person I really want to see now.

To: Grayson

Can we meet later today? Somewhere private? I really need to talk to you pls. XOXO

After I press send I put on music and drive to school.

//

I pull up to the parking lot and see my friends standing in front of the stairs at the entrance. I park my car and check my phone.

From: Grayson

Sure, I'll text the details later. 

I smile before I get out. I walk up to my friends.

"Hey girlie," Hannah says, pulling me in for a hug. 

"Hi guys," I say smiling.

"You don't look as if you just broke up?" Max says, reminding me about the conversation I had with my dad.

"Oh, yeah, about that," I start, rolling my eyes. "My dad is pissing me off on a whole new level. Expected, but new."

We walk inside to mine and Hannah's locker.

"What about it?" Claire asks.

"Well, I have to get back together, because it's damaging his business," I say.

They all groan.

"This bullshit again?" Max whines. "Is daddy Archibald not happy with you?"

I chuckle and nod. "Exactly."

I turn around to lean with my back on my locker and notice Grayson and Ethan walking by. I almost forget we 'hate' each other again. He winks at me and I fake a fake smile, with butterflies or something in my stomach.

"You haven't changed your mind about the Dolan daddies?" Max says wiggling his eyebrows, making me chuckle, but I shake my head nevertheless.

"Not even after you Saturday sex detention?" he tries again, my face heating up.

"No, you creep," I say, pushing his shoulder playfully.

"Too bad you don't see what Hannah and I see..." he says and I look at Hannah.

"Hannah?!" I say offended. She quickly looks away, inspecting her feet. She better isn't into Grayson.

"I don't know..." She says slowly. "I mean, Ethan is really hot and always so nice to me!"

I sigh in relief. The bell rings and I'm once again saved by the bell.

"They're fuckboys, Hannah," I say, walking away to my class. "Especially Ethan."

"Whatever!" she shouts after me and I chuckle. I check my phone before walking into class.

From: Grayson

You look hot today, even when you act like a bitch 😏

I chuckle at his text and quickly text back.

To: Grayson

I know, I always do 💁🏼‍♀️

//