CHAPTER 4

JULIA POV

I get outside and go over to the table. I stick my hand in the plant that's placed on the table and get my cigarettes out of it. I hid them here from Nate, and everyone else basically. I walk a bit further in his enormous backyard so no one can spot me.

"Julia!" I hear behind me. I quickly turn around and hide my cigarettes behind my back. I see the twins running towards me.

"Where do you think you're going with that?" Ethan says, referring to what's behind my back.

"To the woods," I say annoyed.

"Can we come?" Grayson asks with a big smile, wrapping his arm around his brother's shoulders.

"Whatever," I say as I roll my eyes and continue walking into the bushes. All this land is still part of Nate's backyard and I know my way through it by heart. They have a little seating area next to a small river. After about five minutes walking in silence, we reach the spot. I sit on the left bench, Ethan joining me, and Grayson sitting across from us on the other.

"Ugh, finally," Ethan sighs.

"It's a nice spot though," Grayson says and he gets a package of cigarettes as well out of the pocket of his denim jacket and lights one up. I light mine and put one leg on the bench. I look over at Ethan and see he's smoking as well.

"You're too pretty to smoke," Grayson says and winks at me.

"And too stressed not to," I reply.

"So, 'Queen B'" Ethan starts after a minute or two, "how's that title treating ya?"

Grayson laughs but I remain serious. "Pretty good actually," I say. "It's been like that since elementary so I don't know what life is without."

"But all the rules you have to follow... Isn't that... tiring?" Grayson asks, mocking me. I roll my eyes.

"I don't follow them, honey," I say with a fake smile, "I make them."

I get up, ready to go back, and throw my cigarette in the bucket of sand that's next to the bench.

"Where are you going, princess?" Ethan says as they get up too.

"Back to the party?" I say frowning, confused.

"Is it too hard that you can't impress us with that attitude?" Grayson asks, coming closer. "Your rules don't apply to us, little Queen B."

At this point, they were scaring me a little.

"No, that's not it," I say, as confident as I can. Ethan walks past us, but Grayson comes even closer. A little too close, if you ask me.

"We make our own rules, princess," he whispers in my ear, his lower lip touching my skin.

He then looks me in my eyes and cups my face in his hands, slowly stroking my cheek with his right thumb. He leans in but stops right in front of my face. I feel his hot breath on my nose and lips as our eyes are locked. I get nervous yet intrigued. My breathing gets heavier and I'm a little turned on actually. I feel my cheeks getting redder with every second passing.

"You better follow ours, or you might be punished for it."

Before he walks away he kissed my cheek and leaves me speechless. I can't move. As they walked away I hear them laughing and get out of my trance. I turn around and touch my cheek where he kissed.

What the fuck?

////

I walk back to the party and replay what happened in my mind. Still confused, I decided that I need another cigarette to process it. I stop at the edge of the woods and look at Nate's mansion and the people in it as I smoke my cigarette. I see Hannah coming outside and she waves at me. I walk up to her.

"You shouldn't smoke," she says with a stern face.

"I know," I simply reply.

"Where were you?" she asks. "You didn't do anything with the twins right?"

"Of course not," I reassure her, and myself actually.

"Well anyway, Nate is looking for you," she says and we go inside.

"There she is!" Nate says and kisses me. I kiss him back and see the twins looking at me. I smile at them.

"The twins are awesome, babe!" he says and I smile a bit uncomfortable. "They are probably going to join the team!"

The team around him is jumping up and down and making animal noises so I decided to pour myself another glass of champagne.

I get an idea and fill my glass. I walk to the main area and climb on a table to make a toast.

"Everyone," I shout. "May I have your attention please?"

The music went off and some people woo'd and whistled.

"I'd like to take this moment and toast to our new meat in town," I start, facing Ethan and Grayson who looked surprised. "Welcome to Redwood High, and good luck this year. I speak for everyone if I say that we're thrilled to have you guys and we wish you all the best." I finish with a smile. Kill them with kindness.

Everyone cheered and toasted on the twins. I walk up to Ethan and give him a hug. When I hug Grayson, I whisper in his ear.

"Two can play that game, babe," and I kiss him on his jaw. "I just happen to like games." He looks at me confused.

I turn around and walk back to the kitchen, feeling satisfied. I won't see them again tonight.

////

Sooooooo that's it for this chapter. A bit longer than the previous ones! I have a lot in store for this story so I'm starting off slow.

THANK YOU for reading again!!! Please vote and comment (the usual by now) and let me know!!!!

love u and PEaCE