CHAPTER 17

GRAYSON POV

Detention went by slowly and every break we had we made out in a bathroom stall. It was 4 pm, just one hour left, when Mr Green came into the classroom.

"You guys are free to go," he smiles. "Enjoy your weekend."

We smile and I get up from my chair. I hand in my essay and follow Julia to the door.

"Oh, and Julia," Mr Green then says. "Maybe I'll see your parents tonight. Are they coming?"

"Of course, Mr Green," she replies. "I'll tell my father to look for you."

He smiles, thanks her and we walk to the exit side by side. Suddenly she grabs my arm.

"Pleaase promise to tell your parents to come," she begs me. "I'll let my parents talk to them and maybe they'll change my mind about me being friends with you."

I chuckle and wrap my arm around her shoulders.

"Okay, I promise," I smile at her. I walk her to her car, which is parked across from mine.

"Okay, text me if you come!" She says and pulls me in for a hug.

I lean back and look in her eyes. I cup her face in my hands and kiss her softly. She instantly kisses me back. After the kiss, she looks at me.

"In order for this to work," she says blushing. "You have to stop doing this."

"I don't know if I can," I smirk. She chuckles and kisses me on my cheek.

"See you tonight, Gray," she smiles before the gets in her car.

I walk to mine and wave one last time before she turns right. I notice a car being weirdly parked on the curbs in a distance but decide to ignore it and get in my car.

I drive home and as soon as I enter the house I shout for my mom.

"We're in the kitchen!" I hear her say. I enter the kitchen and see Ethan and my parents standing around the kitchen island.

"Are you guys going to the charity tonight?" I ask them.

"We were just discussing that, actually," my dad replies. Ethan looked at me confused.

"Why?" Ethan then asks.

"Well, Julia said everyone from town would be there," I start. "I thought it might be nice to get to know the neighbours." 

"I don't think it's really our crowd," my mom says. "It's the elite that goes there."

"Mr Green from detention is also coming," I say. "It's not only the elite."

"Grayson's right," Ethan suddenly says. "I heard a lot of people talking about this in school and not all of them are Hastings or Archibalds." Ethan winks at me.

My mom chuckles. "Maybe you two are right," she says, my dad nodding.

"Let's just go," he says, smiling. "But you two are coming with us."

I fake a groan and Ethan laughs. We both go upstairs but Ethan follows me into my room.

"I don't know what Julia told you," he laughs. "But this is ridiculous. Mom and dad are going to hate this."

"Well, it actually is good for them to get to know the town a bit," I say. "But yeah maybe Julia tricked me into going too."

I feel my cheeks heat up and Ethan starts laughing. 

"What happened between you two today?" He says.

"Well, we had a fight," I start. "But then we made up by having sex in the bathroom and maybe kissed a few times during breaks."