CHAPTER 8

GRAYSON POV

I wake up with a good mood, even though it's really early. I get my phone and decide to text Julia, just to mess with her.

To: Julia

Can't wait to see you today! We're gonna have so much fun bestie XOXO

I chuckle at my own text and get dressed. I put on a black hoodie and black jeans and go downstairs. I eat some banana pancakes and get my leather jacket. The sun is already up so I decide to go on my motorbike. I get my helmet and off I go.

As I pull up at school there are no cars, except one familiar black Range Rover. I park across from it and get off. I search my pockets for my cigarettes and light one while I walk towards the entrance. As I get there I see Julia smoking as well.

"Morning princess," I say. She rolls her eyes, as usual, but doesn't look at me.

"Hi," she says. She actually sounds sexy, with a morning voice. I raise my eyebrow at the sound of her voice.

"You actually look good this early," I say, meaning every single word. She looks amazing. Her skin glowing, wearing a dark green oversized crewneck and a simple pair of light washed jeans and simple white Nikes.

"Thanks, can't say the same for you sadly," she says without looking up again.

"Not a morning person?" I ask, trying to stir the pot a bit more.

"Just shut up, Grayson," she almost begs. "Please."

I shrug and go inside. She follows me and I hold the door for her. She doesn't thank me.

//

Julia POV

I walk past Grayson and don't thank him. Not today, Grayson. I'm in such a bad mood after all the fights with my parents about this detention and Nate is still picking Grayson's side over mine.

"No problem," he says while trying to catch up with me.

I sigh and flip him off without turning around. I enter the classroom where we have to stay and see Mr Green waiting for us.

"Two minutes late," he says. "So you're staying until 2 minutes past 5."

I roll my eyes and sit down in the front row. Grayson sits right next to me, to my annoyance.

"So you're not allowed to do anything today," Mr Green says. "No talking, nothing. If you're bored just write an essay about why you're here. I'm on the other side of the hallway if you need me."

He walks away. It shows that he really isn't happy to be here as well. Especially not because it was just us two.

I remember Grayson sitting right next to me and I get up and sit in the back.

"Sorry," he says, "do I smell?"

"Yeah actually," I say, "You smell like an asshole."

He chuckles, followed by a soft "good one".

I roll my eyes and stare out of the window behind me. It's a sunny day, which makes it even shittier to be here. After a minute or so I glance over at Grayson, seeing he's on his phone. I sigh and rest my head in my hands.

"Staring at me?" Grayson suddenly says, disrupting me in my thoughts. Shit, have I been staring at him the whole time?

"That's new, I like it," he smirks.