Chapter 12

Mel Pov: 

I was in the car with Jin, Jimin, and Yoongi. We were on our way to a dinner party, held by the CEO of the entertainment company, big hit. The others were there already waiting for us four.

I looked out the window. The night sky was shown above me. No stars. Well, of course, I was in the city with Jungkook and his members. New York City, such a beautiful place. To bad there no stars shown. I would've loved that.

Jin parked the car and I stepped out a foot into the cold, outside world. It was October, so It was fall weather. I breathe in and out and looked up to the sky.

"I hope you're watching me, big brother." 

I smiled to myself. I looked back down and followed Jin and the others into the restaurant.

We walked into the building and it was golden. It was like walking into a fancy hotel lobby or something. I was in awe.

As we were making our way to the restaurant entrance. The lady up front, in charge of the seating and greeting the costumes, was waiting for us.

"Reservations for BTS?" She said in English.

"Yes." She nodded her head and guide us to our table.

As we were walking to be seated, I noticed we past by a lot of rich and fancy people. They were wearing all these fancy clothes and I'm in a dress I made covered by a sweater.

"Here you go."

I snapped back and saw the boys waving at me as Jimin, and Yoongi takes a seat. I felt a Jin hand on my back and he showed me to my seat. What a gentleman.

I sat between Yoongi and Jungkook.

"You look beautiful princess. You should take off your sweater, I want to see you in the dress you made, all by yourself."

Suddenly all eyes were on me. Even the CEO was looking at me.

"Mel I didn't know you make clothing."

"Well, one of my family members was a designer, he taught me a few things. And when he left, I started practicing so I can feel like he's with me and make him proud." I smiled.

"Well can we see this dress of yours?" Namjoon asked.

I pushed my seat back and git up and removed the sweater.

"Wow"

"You look amazing, and so does the dress."

"You should hang with me more often Mel, a beautiful woman next to worldwide handsome."

I giggled.

I sat back down and placed my sweater on my lap.

Everyone was making conversations as I just stared at my food and played with it with a fork.

I felt a tapping on my left foot. I looked over and saw Yoongi looking at me worried.

"You okay Mel?"

I signed and nodded my head, as I looked back at my plate only half eaten.

"Please excuse Mel and I. We have something to discuss."

Yoongi grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the restaurant and went outside into the cold. I realized I forgot my sweater so I was freezing.

Yoongi saw it and told me to sit on the bench as he took off his jacket and placed it on my shoulders covering and warming me up.  

"Yoongi, what if you catch a cold."

He shook his head and took a seat next to me.

"I'll be fine."

I just nodded my head and looked down at my feet. I clicked my heels as I sighed.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

"I mean, no. You didn't ask."

I looked towards Yoongi way and made eye contact.

"Okay then, What's the matter?" He said as he leaned back on the bench and looked up at the sky. I looked down to my feet again.

"It's my brothers birthday. It's the first time not seeing him on his special day."

"How old is he turning?"

"28" I replied.

"So he's four years older than you. Is he the one who taught you how to make clothing and all?." Yoongi looked down and faced me.

I nodded.

"So how is he like-"

"He died." I cut him off.

Yoongi came closer but didn't do anything but sighed. I played with my finger as I looked down on my lap.

I bet Yoongi has so many questions about him. It's probably the only thing that Jungkook never shared with his members.

"Ask anything you want Yoongi. I'm okay with it."

" H-How did he die?"

"He killed someone. He killed his partner. He was reported for murder but police found small evidence to prove him guilty. It was hard, but he did confess, to me, and to my parents, that he did kill him. We were never charged with anything but his partner family was furious and scared my brother away,"

I took a deep breath.

"My bother, later on, killed himself." I choked on my words.

"He-"

Yoongi pulled me closer into a hug and placed his hand behind my head and pulled me into his chest.

"You're crying."

I brought my hand to my face and touched my cheek. It was wet, I was crying.