Chapter 14

I was pacing back and forth waiting for the news behind the doors.

"Mel, he's going to be fine. I promise."

I looked down to the floor and stopped. I played with fingers and sighed.

"What if something bad happens. It would be all my fault."

"It's not your fault, it's nobody's. He was just protecting you, and he sacrifice himself for doing so."

I felt tears building up in my eyes. I sniffled a bit. Jin placed his hand behind my head and pulled me closer to him till my head hit his chest. I could smell his cologne. It was strong but a faded scent.

"Stop crying, you don't want to end up like the others here."

"Others?"

I looked up to see Jin face. He crashed his brows and let go of me. Then he pointed at the 'others' who was sitting at the chairs near us.

Jungkook had his earbuds in, with his eye's closed. 

Jimin leaned on his knees and had his head placed in his hands.

Taehyung was sitting, leaned back while staring at Namjoon, who was talking to a nurse.

It was the nurse who helped Yoongi. She had to clean him up and dress him for the surgery.

"When did they get here?" I put my focus back to Jin.

"I called them while you were pacing the floor. I gave them all the details, expect the part Yoongi was fighting the strange men in the alley."

Oh

"About that Jin-"

"It's Yoongi private life, not mines. If you're really curious, I should request that you talk to him. With no one around and no cameras."

"O-Okay. I understand. What about  tour?"

"I'll ask the doctor, actually I'll ask Namjoon, I can't speak English. And Namjoon is the leader, he has to organized the tour himself. I'll just help."

"A-Alright then. I-Is there a c-chance to see Yoongi when h-he's done with-"

"Let's go find new clothes for you." Jin scanned my body.

I looked down to see myself still in the dress and Yoongi jacket, still covering me, but's covered with blood and was ripped up.

I was cold. The hospital and outside was freezing, and being in this dress was no help.

I nodded my head.

"Stay here, I'll go get Namjoon."

Jin sat me down and took of his jacket and took the one I wearing off and replaced it with his.

He took his leave to get Namjoon while I just stare down on my lap playing with the edge of the jacket.

I had to distract myself somehow. I hated hospital's. I never liked them ever since I was around the age 14.

Jungkook knew about this. He knew almost about everything about me.

Especially his birthday. 

But I knew I had to be here. I wanted Yoongi to be safe and come back to the hotel room in one piece with me and the other members. It was my fault. I let him take the hit for me. I was so stupid to jump in the fight and tried to defend for Yoongi.

I may be a detective but It's not I'm a super hero or something. I didn't have the strength to fight with my own bare hands. The reason why I became a detective is because of the debts I was in, and it was because of him

Mark is someone who I don't get along with but he was friends with him and we were both on the same page for revenge.

Mark hired me, not just because I was smart, but because we both had so much in common.

We were looking for the one thing. What we needed the most and what we wanted the most.

Mark's dad works with the government and I was able to have the title as what I am today. I work for him and the government.

I sighed.

If He didn't commit to anything at all. I would be in a better state.

Namjoon was coming my way with Jungkook by his side. 

I locked eyes with Jungkook and rushed in front of Namjoon and sat in the seat next to me.

"Are you okay stay in the hospital? I know how-"

"Much I hate them. Jungkook I'm fine. I'm just worried, and that's all."

He placed his hand on my leg and gave me a smile.

"Jin went out to get clothes for you, he asked me to watch you in case anything happens."

I looked towards Namjoon and nodded my head.

I placed my hand over Jungkook's and leaned my head on his shoulders.

"I know you two aren't dating."

Jungkook and I lifted up our heads to see Namjoon shaking his.

"I knew it from the start. You two were just doing it so Jungkook can win the bet he made with Taehyung."

I shifted my head to Jungkook. He scratched the back of his head.

"You made a bet?"

I crossed my hands in front of my chest while giving him a death stare.

"So that's why Taehyung was all over me before you claimed I was your girlfriend."

Jungkook nodded at my statement.

"Taehyung told you. Didn't he Hyung?"

"He did. By accident. When we were taking about our money issue, our spending money for the tour, Taehyung said he would have extra money if he didn't lost the bet with Jungkook."

"So at that point, when he realized what he said, he actually had to give you an answer."

Namjoon nodded.

"Kid's really dumb most of the times."

Jungkook and I nodded in sync.

"So am I done playing girlfriend?"

"Yea"

Jungkook let go of me but I pulled him right back closer to me. Maybe even closer.

"Just because we're not dating, that doesn't mean you can move away from me. I'm cold in this dress. Jin's jacket is helping but I need body heat."

He chuckled and pulled me even more closer and placed his arm around my waist as I placed my head on his shoulders.

"Sir, he's out."