back to school

type: fluff
warnings: panic attacks (obviously, i mean, it's about school)
summary: finn wolfhard visits school and has a panic attack.
song: this charming man by the smiths

"this man said, it's gruesome, that someone so handsome should care,"
-

you sigh, watching as finn wolfhard, yes, the finn wolfhard, walks out of your school building. you felt terrible for him, crowds of student were swarming him and he looked incredibly anxious. there was no pathway for him to leave.

"there he is," your friend lydia stated, as she pulled her phone out of her back pocket of her jeans. all the students at this school didn't give two shits about finn when he used to go to this school, but now that he's famous they all of a sudden love him. that's why it was a huge mistake for finn to decide to come back for just one day to say hi to everyone.

you had always been friendly with finn. only in school though, nothing more. you were certain that he didn't think about you once whilst he was famous, but to be honest, you didn't really care. you weren't a fan girl or anything. the sea of people around finn got bigger.

you examined him. he had one hand in his pocket, playing with his belt loop and the other hand on the strap of his school bag. you understood his body language instantly, and he seemed to be growing increasingly anxious, you noticed his chest heaving up and down quickly.

lydia started filming finn, as you stared at him in concern, whilst pushing her phone down, "don't video him," you scoff, standing up and pulling down your sweater, before walking into the school. as someone who's had panic attacks before, you could tell finn was on the verge of one.

"where are you going?" lydia shouts of over at you.

"to help!" you shout back.

you walk to the red fire alarm, and take off the plastic shield before looking at finn again, looking worse than before. you sighed, as you hesitantly pulled the fire alarm. you could hear the fan girls scream, as you roll your eyes.

the girls all backed away from finn and started evacuating the school. finn by now was taking in sharp breaths, as you approached him. you grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the school and behind a bush. finn, not seeing who you were, panicked before noticing you.

he let out a rigid breath, "oh my god y/n" he sighs in relief before hugging you. you melt into his arms, feeling his rapid heartbeat against you. you never felt so affectionate towards finn than now.

finn lets out a strangled sob as you pat his back, letting yourself out of his embrace, "finn, i need you to breathe, ok?" you say to him. finn shakes his head, hyperventilating, "i can't y/n, i can't," he states.

"yes you can finn, i believe you can," you assure him. "this is only temporary, everything will be ok, ok?"

"ok," finn replies.

"you don't have to stay here if you don't want to. do you want to go somewhere else?" you ask him. he shakes his head.

"no one will f-find me here," he says.

"ok. everything's ok, there's nothing to be afraid of. the fans are gone. they can't get to you here," you tell him, "i need you to breathe finn, ok?" you press your forehead to his, you look into each other's eyes.

"breathe in with me," you both take a deep breath in, finn's being shakier. "breathe out," you both breathe out. finn starts to relax a bit more, but is still a bit shaken up. you hug him, and he hugs you tighter back.

"thank you so much, you're amazing," he tells you.

"anytime finn. don't go through that alone ok? always make sure you have someone to help," you tell him, genuinely concerned.

"i wish you were always with me," finn sighs, looking out from the bush, "do you maybe want to go somewhere? like, more private?" he asks, paranoid. you stand up once making sure the coast is clear, and nod.

"we can go to my house?" you ask.

finn nods, smiling, "ok,"

...

you return with finn to your house safely, to an empty house. this was normal as your parents normally work late. you both walk in as you turn to finn, "do you want something to eat or drink?" you ask. "i think we have donuts," you say.

finn's eyes light up, "donuts and some water would be great!" finn says excitedly. you laugh and walk into the kitchen to grab you and finn some donuts and glasses of water since finn looked like he needed it.

"can we do something relaxing? i'm still a bit shaken up," finn asks. you smile and nod, "of course! we can watch a movie or something?" you say. finn nods his head yes and you smile, placing the donuts and water on the coffee table and jumping onto the couch beside finn.

you both put on the goonies as the movie and you were both under a blanket. you both kinda disregarded the movie and were talking about him being famous, fans, how terrible school is and stranger things.

it was getting late and you were going to walk finn home when he assured you he'd be fine as your house was only a block away from his. he stopped at your front door before smiling at you, "i'm really glad i came back to school," finn says, staring at you.

you furrow your eyebrows, laughing, "why?"

"because i got to see you again," he replies, before putting on his coat and walking out the door, you blush. "bye y/n!" he waves. he looked so cute and boyish.

"bye finn!" you smile, before shutting the door and sighing.

...

an hour later you were on your phone when you got a notification.

finnwolfhardofficial started following you

you smile, and follow him back. and that was the beginning of what was to be a beautiful relationship.

-
this was high key rushed. but it's kinda cute.
wordcount; 993 words.