Chapter 18

Bambi POV

I looked at alex sadly, and very embarrassed. This was a topic I didn't want to bring up. I've only dreamt about meeting my father but that's all they were, dreams. I shrugged my shoulders and sighed.

"I don't know." I said quietly and he looked over to Quavo, then back at me.

"What's your mother's name?" He asked.

"Brenda." I said hesitantly.

"When were you born?" Wynter asked squinting his eyes, and his eyebrows raised.

"March 14th, 1999. Why are you asking me all of these questions?" I asked. I looked at Alex waiting for something, anything.

"Baby, Wynter is your dad." He said and I inhaled a sharp breath looking at Wynter. After 15 long years I got the question that I needed answered. I didn't know what to think. Why did he leave? Did he not want me?

"Are you okay babe?" Alex asked shaking me out of my trance. I nodded and smiled weakly.

"What happened?" I asked Wynter and he sighed.

"Back then Brenda got around. She told me that she was pregnant, but I didn't know if it was my child. She left and I never heard word of her again." He said and I shook my head in disbelief. My mother got around?

"Just give me time to process all of this." I said and he nodded. I just wasn't ready for this yet.

<>

Alex held me tightly in his arms, avoiding my stomach. He pecked my lips and I smiled. He looked down at me and kissed my forehead.

"Are you okay with everything?" He asked and I nodded.

"I just need some time to adjust, but I'll be fine." I said and he nodded.

"Well, I love you and the only thing you have to worry about is the baby, okay." He said and I nodded smiling. Alex knew just what to do to make me happy. I wouldn't mind taking that step with him.

<>

Over the past couple months I'd managed to get a new job and still be handling things with my father. We had talked it out and I was glad that I'd gotten an explanation.

Alex and I were together but we didn't have a title and that's what we were comfortable with at the moment. I was going on five months and things couldn't be easier. I was contemplating going back to my moms so I could rekindle things.

I wanted my mother in my son's life. I walked downstairs and wrapped my arms around Alex's waist. He turned around and smiled at me.

"I want to stop by my mother's house today babe." I said and he nodded.

"Whatever makes you happy." He said and I shook my head.

"Why are you so perfect." I pecked his lips softly.

<>

Pulling up into my old neighborhood I got out of the car and walked up to the house. I grabbed my house key and unlocked the door. Going inside it was partially empty. I ran upstairs and into my room and it was empty.

"No, no, no." I said walking into her bedroom. I stepped on something, hearing a crushing sound. I looked underneath my foot and saw a needle. I looked on the dresser and saw a belt and a dirty spoon. My lips quivered as I heard footsteps behind me.

I turned around and there was my mom. I sighed and hugged her. She hesitantly pulled back and I got a good look at her. She looked worse than ever. Bags under her eyes, and her lips were chapped.

"Momma." I said and she sighed laying down in her bed.

"What do you want Bambi?" She asked.

"I want you to be in my sons life, just like his grandfather." I said and she sat up.

"Grandfather?" She repeated and I nodded.

"Yeah. I met him and he told me everything." I said and she rolled her eyes dozing off. There was never any way to get through to her. I shook my head and walked outside and getting into the car.

"How'd it go?" He asked and I shook my head letting a tear fall.

"I don't think the baby's going to know his grandmother." I said.

"She doesn't want to be in his life?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I don't think she's going to be alive to meet him."

****

<> Pharaoh.