Chapter 28

Bambi POV

I couldn't believe that I was finally a mother. After nine long months, my reward was sleeping beautifully in my arms. I heard a knock on the door, and looked over to Darrian. He shrugged and went to answer the door. He stepped aside as my dad came in. Quavo was trailing behind him.

"Hey babygirl, where's my grandson?" He asked and I took the blanket off his head while holding him up. He took Darius out of my arms and slowly rocked him. Quavo walked over and kissed my forehead.

"You feel okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"Dad, Quavo, this is Darrian my boyfriend and Darius' father." I said and Darrian held his hand out for them to shake. Quavo took his hand in his as my dad stared at him. He placed Darius back in my arms and walked over to him.

"Let's have a little chat." My dad said as they walked out of the room.

"Dad's going to kill him." He said and I hit his shoulder.

"Oh stop it." I said and slowly rocked Darius in my arms.

{~}

After about fifteen minutes, Darrian and my dad came back into the room. My dad patted his shoulder and I smiled looking up at Darrian.

"You okay baby?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Yeah I'm good babe." He said and I nodded slowly.

"Here." Quavo said as he placed the baby into Darrian's arms. Darrian smiled looking down at him and his eyes glanced over every inch of his face. A tear fell from his eye and he smiled ignoring it. Seeing him happy made me smile. He was already a great father.

{~~}

Finally after a week of hospital bed, and wonderful ice chips I was able to go home. Darrian already had everything ready. Darius' clothes were on and I was getting dressed. Simple sweats, and a graphic tee. I got in the car and sat back against the leather seats comfortably. As Darrian began to drive I realized we weren't going to my condo. We pulled up to a two story tan and brick house.

Darrian got the baby out of the back seat and opened my door, then walked up to the front door. He grabbed keys out of his back pocket and unlocked the door. Walking in I noticed paintings and furniture. My paintings and furniture. He carried the baby upstairs and I followed behind, as he walked into a yellow room with a crib. Darius' name was painted in white above his crib along with stickers of lions and elephants. He carefully layed the baby down and turned on the monitor.

"Come on." He said and I followed behind him still awestruck. We walked into a creme room and he sat me on the bed softly, after picking me up.

"I can't believe you did all of this." I said and he shrugged smiling. He pecked my lips softly and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you." I said and he shook his head.

"Not nearly as much as I love you."

Major POV

I watched my son wake up and look over at me. Malachi smiled as he leaned over, reaching for me. I picked him up gently and held him in my arms. The DNA test didn't matter to me. This was my son, and I'd do anything for him.

{~~~}

Although I wish that Bambi and the baby could be here with me, she was living her life, and I couldn't blame her for that. After seeing her and her baby's father I knew that I'd lost her, and that I'd lost her for good.

****
Sorry it's so short.

Raquel.