Chapter 7

Adonis's POV

Why was she so defensive all of a sudden? We were fine last night. Maybe she's just stressed. Let me call Aries right quick to see what they up to.

Aries: Wassup?

Adonis: Nun much. How 'bout you?

Aries: Just got done with this meeting. 

Adonis: So I asked Kiera out to lunch and she only agreed when I offered to bring you and she can bring Aloni. You up to it?

Aries: Yeah I am. What time?

Adonis: 3:00. I'll send you the address.

I ended the call and quickly sent him the address. By the time I got to the room they were packing up to leave .

"Hey just in time! Are you joining us for lunch?", my sister, Valeria asked while picking up the carrier.

"Um no not today but I did get ya'll this."  I gave them the bear and gift bag.

"Oh okay that's fine then. How about you stop by when you can.", she smiled warmly and left out the room.

"Ayy are we still on for tonights feeding?", my brother in law, Brandon asked.

"Yeah and congratulations again.", I patted him on the back.

... 

As I was waiting down at the lobby, I heard her giggling at something a male doctor said.

"Hey you're right on time. Ready to go?", she asked waving goodbye to the doctor.

"Uh yea let's go. Aries is going to meet us there.", I said and walked off with her trailing behind

In the car, she kept texting and giggling every once in a while. Who could she be texting? I bet it's that doctor I saw her with earlier. 

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice I was gripping the wheel and my eyes were turning red.

"Adonis!", she screamed.

"Huh what's wrong?", I turned to look at her.

"Your eyes.", she whispered in horror.

"Oh um I have this rare condition that makes my eyes turn red when I'm angry", I said smoothly while pulling into a parking space.

"Oh that's cool I guess. Looks like they're already here.", getting out the car before I had the chance to open the door for her.

"Yeah", I said still thinking about the way I reacted in front of her.